News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Modular Demo

Started by alanp, November 15, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I've actually learnt quite a bit from youtube trawling - John L Rice's videos are always interesting, as are alternating.bit, and the Tuesday Night Machines have some gems, as well.

Synths are like any other activity, to my mind -- find someone whose work you admire or find praiseworthy (say, at work, someone who finishes their job early and to a high standard, or a musician whom you like), study their work patterns, and pinch all the good stuff :D

Only problem now is that I want to pick up a high resolution camera. My brother's handycam doesn't really cut it! But it needs to be able to be screwed onto a tripod, for preference. And I need spare money for it.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

What the hell, have another. I like how the bassline came out in this one.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

m-Kresol

Cool sounds. fyi, there's a 3 minute silence/black screen after the demo. I was hoping for some hidden bonus track but there wasn't ;(
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

Grr... still learning how to drive Lightworks!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

sp3k

Really cool videos!!! I have been wanting to start a modular for years, the problem is stuff is just a bit to expensive. Haven't really looked into diy modular stuff too much, an links or suggestions you can give me?

alanp

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/?page_id=416

This is a good place to start -- it's pretty much the same deal as Madbean's stuff, except that you get a quality Eurorack faceplate as well as a PCB and great instructions!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

jimilee

«Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking, beeping and flashing - they're flashing and they're beeping. I can't stand it anymore! They're blinking and beeping and flashing! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug?»
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

peAk

I am a little late on this stuff Alan.....

Way friggin cool. Nothing against pedals, but it must be difficult going from this modular stuff back to a simple pedal. I can't imagine the rush finishing a module and plugging it up for the first time.

lincolnic

One day, I'll have the money for another expensive hobby...one day...

(which is to say, Alan, your stuff sounds great and I'm jealous.)