News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PeePlug help

Started by insomniac2295, May 16, 2011, 10:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insomniac2295

So, I'm trying to build a Devi Ever PeePlug and what I've come up with doesn't work.

This is the pic I'm following (source: EHX Effectology #9):

Here's a pic of a PeePlug that someone bought:

Here's my PeePlug:

Am I missing something here? I was a little confused with the TRS jack and its layout. Am I forgetting to connect up to the sleeve or something? Are photo cells polar?

oldhousescott

Neither picture matches the schematic. One leg of the photocell should pass through both center tabs. The other leg should go to the housing.

insomniac2295

which part is the sleeve terminal? the small tabs on the very edge of the jack?

insomniac2295

nevermind, I read the WHOLE forum that I got the supposed actual PeePlug pic from and got part of my answer. I still don't know which part of the plug is the sleeve

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2368434-How-can-I-make-a-PEEPlug-work-with-my-HOG

insomniac2295

Anyone? Where's the sleeve at?

slimtriggers

Excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is a Peeplug?

gtr2

I'll be honest.  I thought this was spam at first...  :o
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

thatirishsob

Quote from: insomniac2295 on May 16, 2011, 10:10:03 PM
So, I'm trying to build a Devi Ever PeePlug and what I've come up with doesn't work.

This is the pic I'm following (source: EHX Effectology #9):

Here's a pic of a PeePlug that someone bought:

Here's my PeePlug:

Am I missing something here? I was a little confused with the TRS jack and its layout. Am I forgetting to connect up to the sleeve or something? Are photo cells polar?

Right now on yours you have one leg through the Tip (on the left in your pic) and the other through the Ring (right in your pic). To be wired like the schematic remove the right leg (in the Ring) and solder it to the housing (which is the sleeve), above where you crimp around the cable. The leg on the left that is in the Tip right now needs to go though more so it can also be soldered to the Ring or just use a lead clipping off a resistor or such as a jumper from the Tip to the Ring. I hope this helps

insomniac2295

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'm curious too, what is this?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

I think I found my answer. Didn't know she had her own forum!?
http://forum.deviever.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=519
Has anyone seen pictures of her?  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

thatirishsob