Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Errata: Deadringer ver.1 wiring

Started by madbean, June 12, 2010, 12:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

ichilton

Excellent! - thank you very much!

Did you see the question above about the pots?

Thanks,

Ian

jkokura

Quote from: ichilton on March 14, 2013, 11:34:49 AM
Excellent! - thank you very much!

Did you see the question above about the pots?

Thanks,

Ian

Ian, you're more of an expert on these issues than anyone right now, Brian included. Brian never saw an original, as he's stated, and put together the Deadringer from the info that he's shared with you so far.

We appreciate your ardour about the Fulldrive. We're just as geeky about pedals as you are, but you keep asking the same questions, and we really can't tell you.

The only difinitive answers to the questions you're asking are to actually buy the original pedals you're talking about and tracing them for yourself. Other than that, check out the info Brian has shared. I know I will.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

ichilton

I've looked at an original device and got the markings from the pots, but searching for them yields no results and there doesn't seem to be anything to distinguish log and linear.

I was just wondering if Brian could remember whether he decided to put the logs in there, or whether there was something on the original that pointed him that way...

Thanks,

Ian

josahasa

Hi all!

On a different note: in the picture that Ian posted, the FM switch's 47k - 10n network seems to have a 150k resistor in the place of the 47k (r15). I can't tell what the cap is, but in any case this will change the effect of the switch to a less pronounced mid cut. In fact, on my build i noticed the FM mode to be a bit tinny and thin. This helped that quite a bit, but now of course, the cut isn't as noticable. I wonder what that cap is...

-Jonah