News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lets see some pics of your work spaces. We need more picture threads.

Started by jimmybjj, May 17, 2011, 05:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Just moved into our first house on Friday, and I immediately built a work bench in this little nook of my upstairs office. I was chomping at the bit because all of my stuff has been packed up for over a month. Finally feel like I can start working again.

Ian

alanp

Something of a dredge, mods tell me if this is not correct.

Medium term storage (long term is bundling the lot into a couple of boxes.) The DMM and iron are on the floor at the moment.

Where the fun stuff happens. I leave the build PDF's open while I work, and have some good tunes cranking through the Kenwood :) plus copious amounts of tea.

Parts storage. This is a really bad way of doing it, do not do this yourself. Looking for anything is a blimmin' nuisance. Hardware like sockets, jacks, switches, knobs and so on are mostly left in the bags they arrive in, which are left on the table pictured above. The pedals pictured are there because I was tidying up the wiring.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Good stuff mate... You gotta get some parts containers for those components!

Ok here's my workspace pic seeing as I tidied yesterday... this is actually a corner of our bedroom... Pedal building is harder to fit in since we are both fulltime and juggling the kids now... Sleep has become more precious :P

Pretty much everything I use is there, except a 'portable' bench vice I have tucked away for drilling :)

DutchMF

Check the first pic in this thread to see my workspace......

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3498.0

It's still pretty much the same, except that I mounted some better lighting and bought a proper DMM. Tools and parts are in two boxes which live at the bottom of one of our closets. If we ever move from our apartment a big(ger) place to work will be at the top of my priority-list.......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pryde

Here is my workspace in the basement. Pretty thrashed right now with a few projects in the works. I do my enclosure drilling and spraying in the garage shop.

Also, play "Find the madbean sticker"  ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

midwayfair

I wuz just thinking it would be fun to see everyone's workspace. :)

Here's mine. Don't be fooled by the um "tidiness." I actually cleaned it last night after sorting parts orders. (The baggies on the table are transistors from Smallbear I need to get HFE readings on.

The top shelf on the left is all the stuff in progress (and also the Bag of Fail). The one with three transistors sticking up several inches is a Buzzaround. The second shelf is all consumables like wire and heat shrink. The shelf below that is all pots. It's really nice to be at a point with those that I've got at least a few extra of every value and taper in different sizes. The bottom shelf is all the boxing stuff ... jacks, enclosures, switches, etc.

I keep all my caps in little plastic divided containers from Smallbear. The small open box on the desk is the resistors box from Joe Knows Electronics. Still makes good storage! The bigger box is envelopes with various chips, diodes, optocouplers, transistors, etc.

It's actually the desk in the library. The fluffy thing at the bottom is our kitty Rita, who was terribly excited that I went into her favorite nap room.

Deed J

Well, here we are in my workshop dedicated to amps as you can notice. One is in progress, and the other one is there for maintenance. Next week will begin pedal build since I've received a Kinslayer board and parts. It's a pretty small room, but I can stock all my musical equipment. Since I have no place, I use the 4x12 flightcases as bench. On the right it's a 2203 '77 that I'll reforme PSU caps tonight. I use to build all  stuff I can do, flightcases for instance. My next big project will be to build my dream guitar for ever: sunburst/mapple neck '70 Strat, ordered the parts yesterday. My '66 Strat don't go outside for now. So welcome in my small world  8)

Just a shadow in a Rock'n'Roll sky

Deed J

Quote from: irmcdermott on June 02, 2011, 12:44:07 PM
Just moved into our first house on Friday

Congrats for the first house, hope a big party is pending 8)

Edit: Oups, don't see the date...  ;D
Just a shadow in a Rock'n'Roll sky

Guybrush

I'm currently renting a small flat with my wife so don't have a permanent workspace, just a pop up camping table.  Does the job until we find a house!

Bonus points if anyone can tell what film I'm watching.

chip46

Here's my little apt setup while I'm down at school. Old picture but relatively the same, just added a lamp.

AllenM

Newbie here... started out with BYOC years back and found MBP and can't wait to get some boards on the bench..

Main Work Area

Parts and Supplies

Testing Board

My Main Rig and Testing Area

jkokura

Chip! Your space is an elegant ode to efficiency! You can get a lot done there without a lot of space.

Allen! WOW. I'm very impressed by your organizational skills. You have the sort of space I wish I had, except I'd need a concrete/hard floor for the drill press I'd have in the corner...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lincolnic

PimpMyTone

Simon