News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard

Started by thatirishsob, May 18, 2011, 04:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatirishsob

In the Boneyard Notes it tells to use ~ a 5K resistor to turn a 10k pot to 5K but this would get about a 3.5k pot. A 10k resistor would get you the 5K though. Just caught that as I was building mine  ;D I can not wait to get this bad boy fired up, thanks for another awesome build Brian! 

-Sean

madbean

Well, crap. Thanks for the eagle eye. I'll get it fixed up.

cjkbug

can't beleive I missed that. Do you think it's worth desoldering? it's probably within tolerance of a 5k pot right?
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

TheCobbenator

What tonal difference will this produce? I'm already going to have to hold of on completion of my boneyard for a few weeks anyway.

I had a similar concern about this, but I would probably not have for sure figured it out for months.  Oh the joys of being a noobie. You guys rock!

k.rock!

Hey Brian,

I have seen a couple people confirming that R5 should be 47 Ohms as the original PL, instead of 470 Ohms, as the 47 on R5 sounds way better and closer to the original circuit.

I'm currently building one and I should be able to confirm this week on my end as well. Do you think this should be an "errata" correction? (Even though it might not be an error per say)

Maybe the other guys who have built it with the 47 value on R5 can chime in?

Thanks!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

chip46

The 47ohm is definitely the way to go.

madbean

I'll update the document to reflect the change. Thanks for the input on this guys.

madbean

Resistor change for R5 and correction to making a 5kA pot out of a 10kA has been updated in this documentation.