News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deadastronaut X-Fuzz

Started by Willybomb, December 09, 2014, 06:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Decided to build a pedal as a thankyou to a friend, and found the X-Fuzz on IvIark's site.  Low part count, great sound, listen to the youtube clip over there.

It's laser etched Rustoleum 2x.  I'd put quite a few coats on it, so it's still relatively soft and took the dude with the laser engraver a few goes to get down to metal.  I told him to set it to "Deathstar".  No clearcoat, just a cut and polish before and after (especially after) the engraving.

Easier to finish than say base coat/sticker/clearcoat, but the cost in this case was more than the previous etching effort as I took it to a different person, but on the upside I was able to discuss the process and placement with him and he did it on the spot.  Looks ok, and some of you guys here turn it into real art but I'm not sold on it.

Guts are average.  Killed an old stomp when a lug fell out, cannibalized the Krankasaurus to get a stomp for this.  Also recycled the knobs from old Kranky.

cooder

That looks sweet! Great stuff, the enclosure came out great, inside is up to it too! 8)
BigNoise Amplification