News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Kitteh Cannon

Started by juansolo, December 13, 2014, 09:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

Fuzzalicious!  Totally diggin' this one man.  Well done.

pickdropper

This is fantastic.

Sometimes a graphic shows up that just must be used.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Luke51411

Nice build! You might need a disclaimer. No tiny Kittehs were harmed in the making/use of this pedal... unless there's a reason its not already included :o

Mat

Saw this picture on Twitter today (by @thedarkness):

Caption was: "Finally found out how guitar pedals work..."

Coincidence? I think not!  :o

Hogharry

Quote from: Mat on December 15, 2014, 11:51:07 AM
Saw this picture on Twitter today (by @thedarkness):

Caption was: "Finally found out how guitar pedals work..."

Coincidence? I think not!  :o
For once I really don't want to see a gut shot!  :o
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

juansolo

Quote from: Hogharry on December 14, 2014, 09:31:09 AM
This gotta be a lot of fun! I love the idea that a surplus of relays can justify such awesomeness.

I have 6 left. One will be another stand alone one for when I have an ultra-tight build that warrants it.

Jason has come to the rescue of the other 5 with another uber-selector switch like he used in the Bubba Fet and I used in the other multi-fuzz I did.  I'm thinking distortions this time ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Hogharry

Wrecktifier, shredder, riot, Dr B...  :o
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

juansolo

Quote from: Hogharry on December 16, 2014, 09:20:59 AM

Not sure if I can fit all my favourites in there. I'd keep the really high gain stuff out. But there are many others. Mainly I'll be restricted by size and knob count. Current thinking: Tweed 57, Black 65, Plexitone, Inline 8 (love that thing), SFT. Followed by a good old SHO on the end, like you do. I *think* I can pull that off in a 1590D... Haven't started shuffling in Photoshop yet. It's a lot of knobs.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Hogharry

Quote from: juansolo on December 16, 2014, 10:08:42 AM
Quote from: Hogharry on December 16, 2014, 09:20:59 AM

Not sure if I can fit all my favourites in there. I'd keep the really high gain stuff out. But there are many others. Mainly I'll be restricted by size and knob count. Current thinking: Tweed 57, Black 65, Plexitone, Inline 8 (love that thing), SFT. Followed by a good old SHO on the end, like you do. I *think* I can pull that off in a 1590D... Haven't started shuffling in Photoshop yet. It's a lot of knobs.
Almost a multi-amp emulator. You could do a Catlinbread Roulette - just a momentary switch and a way of getting the relay switching to pick one at random needed. :D

juansolo

Only kept two Catalinbreads after the purge. The SFT and the DLS, and I prefer the Plexitone to the DLS, so that'll end up in the multi.

Hogharry

Have you tried a Purple Plexi 800? It's apparently remarkably similar to the Krank Distortus Maximus but without the TMB tone stack. There's something I really like about the tone of the DM, reminds me of an eighties Marshall I should never have sold.

juansolo

Never built the PP800. Should really, I tend to like most of Catalinbread's stuff.

Willybomb

juansolo

It's like deja vu all over again...  ;)

Ok, so I built a Jumbo Tonebender and Tjærand snagged that. So I ordered parts to make another and Impmann over on TFB grabbed that one. Not to be beaten I've ordered two more PCBs, just to be sure, and I will have one of these for me!

To make sure I can't be talked into selling it I've put it into The Kitteh Cannon in place of the ICBM. It was sort of out of place in there anyhow, and this suits it more.

I've also added a photo of the photo rig now I've finally got the worlds biggest lamp shades for them. All well and good, but it makes storage interesting...

Still the front of it remains an utter sod to photograph...