News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

10 years!

Started by madbean, December 15, 2014, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I just remembered---my DIY journey began 10 years ago +2 days. I registered at DIYSB on Dec.13 2004 before building my first pedal. Man, it has gone quick! Looking back, I do feel some pride in what I have been able to accomplish in that time starting with knowing nothing at all about electronics or pedals. I still have a long way to go as far as learning the electronics, but I think I could design and build just about any analog pedal now. But really, the biggest thanks goes to DIYSB because I do not think I would have gotten started without it. And, the internet haha! So, thanks to Aron. And Tonepad, GGG, ROG, AMZ, FSB, and GEOFEX. Such amazing resources available to everyone for the cost of a internet connection. We are all truly are blessed with limitless knowledge these days.

dodgechargerfan

Cool! Congratulations.

televisiondown

Congrats! Great work in those 10 years!!
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

cooder

Yes congrats big time, what an accomplishment in that time and way to go!
Next step Function Fx is coming to town...
Well done! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Leevibe

Congrats Brian, and thanks for adding to the wealth of knowledge and creating a community that makes this stuff so accessible.

gordo

Big congrats!  What a wild ride it's been so far.  Here's to the next 10...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

morganp

Congratulations!  I, too, am really grateful for the generous dispensing of knowledge around these parts.  I know I would never have attempted this hobby if I was on my own; you guys make it not only possible, but really fun and inspiring!  Thank you!
affiliation: www.dustystrings.com

alanp

+1, it starts with "just a Rangemaster", then it's on to the Dr Boogies, then Lovetone, next thing you know you're building synths...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Tons of soldering iron burns & broken hearts later.. you still at it!

That is a huge accomplishment. Congratulations Brian.

Cody

midwayfair

Shrtyska9

Congrats Brian!
I know if it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have given pedal building a second look. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one.
You have created such a pleasant community in those 10 years and I am proud to be a member.
Here's to another 10 years!!!

Richard

Richard

ggarms

Insanely awesome milestone. At this rate, we'll have a DSP project sometime in the future!

Stomptown

Your officially a DIY Jedi now! Congrats Brian!

culturejam

Damn, you got me beat be a couple years.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

artstomp