News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda's veroboard/stripboard?

Started by jtn191, May 22, 2011, 01:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

I bought some of this veroboard from tayda and it failed the continuity check...wondering if you guys had any experience with it. If not, consider it a heads up  :-\

reddo

I have no experience with Tayda's stripboard but was considering adding some to an order I'm making. How did you test it?

jtn191

DMM, one probe on one end of a strip of copper, other probe a few holes down on the same strip. I went through every setting and still couldn't get 0 ohms. I'm still working with the stuff and I'll let you know if it does work when I'm done...I was planning on just melting a bunch of solder along the strips like I've seen some do

night-B

Have you ordered silver or copper strip boards?
Tinning the tracks with solder can solve your problem  ;)
Edit: I checked and all the traces of the silver one I have report at 0 ohm

sprayfe

When I do a continuity test I'm just looking for a "beep"!
Not a particular ohm reading. If copper 2mm away on the same strip isn't beeping- that's pretty weird.

dwstanford

I use their strip board for all my vero layouts.  I have built about 15-20 pedals with it.  I've used the copper and the silver boards.  So far, I have had no problems with it.

bigmufffuzzwizz

My meter doesn't usually round out at zero ohm when I test continuity. I listen for the beep and check to make sure there is a minimal amount of resistance. I've never encountered a continuity check getting zero ohms.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jtn191

I have the copper kind. With my MM, the only way to check continuity is by measuring resistance...0 means there is no resistance. Maybe it's just the flat surface/texture of the copper and my meter didn't get a good reading but I kept getting infinite resistance. Glad to hear no one else has had problems

I tested a new board and it looks fine, but the readings are just kinda finicky

Myramyd

That's how I do it with my current DMM too but, even touching the two leads together shows about 0.1-1.2 Ohms. I can only get zero if they aren't touching anything.

J