Author Topic: Pedalboard pics megathread  (Read 27881 times)

Willybomb

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • RockStarGuitar
Re: Pedalboard pics megathread
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2017, 06:28:08 AM »
Trying to work out what drives are going on this board...  This is without all the other dirts I have....  Either version is pretty versatile.

mikef

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »
Pedal board,as of June 2017. subject to change,ha-ha!

madbean

• Administrator
  • Electron Doctor
  • Brian
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2018, 08:18:39 PM »
Gearing up for the 2018 pedalboard. I am going to build two loopers with soft-touch switching. It won't be anything fancy with presets - just straight bypass. There will be 9 mono bypass loops and then three momentary switches that plug into the Mobius for preset/TT control. The bypass loops are actually based on the Coda bypass! The Mobius/Alter Ego and T2 are all run in stereo so they won't be included in the looper.

There's an empty spot where I hoped to add either the Freekout (Digitech) or Quintessence (TC) but I don't think I'll have the cash for that right now. I think I will replace the 2-knob Bloviator with the newer 3-knob 1590A version. And, maybe the 4:1 with the White Horse (haven't decided).

This is my commercial/ambient PB. I have another one that's all DIY/MBP stuff which I am constantly changing!
I own madbeanpedals (duh). I am part owner of Function F(X).

cacophony

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »
Finely done!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:54:02 PM by cacophony »

Marshall Arts

• Solder Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2018, 03:37:00 AM »
That foldable board is really nice!

Not a beauty, but a beast: As I was in a hurry to put together a new rock board, I reused one of my older boards and have some space left (well...never thought I would say THAT about my boards).

Signal Chain:
I am singing backing vocals as well, so the Korg Tuner is used to split the signal and send one half to the TC Helicon (via a ground lift cable to prevent hum) to produce the correct harmonies. The TC is not used to further process the guitar signal (it's not really made for electric guitars).

The other half of the signal goes to the FreQout, Wah Wah (of course with a madbean board in it), Queen of Bones, Amp. The Alter Ego Delay is in the FX Loop of the amp.

The Amp is usually set up rather clean and the QoB does the boost/drive. I use the amp's dirty channel only for heavy stuff. The amp has a nice reverb as well.

Everything goes through the buffered gateway on the top left (I can switch on individual klon buffers on the input, send, return, output as required) in there and is connected to the amp with a multicore cable. Power is provided by a Palmer PWT08 which can feed the hungry pedals as well (TC Helicon: 12V, 400 mA, FreQout: 9V, 235 mA).

blearyeyes

• Electron Doctor
  • Like so many others, my name is Dan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2018, 10:31:38 PM »
What did you use for the buffer box? Did you make the board or use prefab? I love the idea. I am going to build a couple of buffers but putting them all in one box is a stellar idea!
I sometimes build pedals as "Dan"
I built peddles for Bat Thumbís car.

Marshall Arts

• Solder Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2018, 10:44:08 PM »
I made the pedal board, if that was your question :-). The buffers are 4 switchable Klon buffers on Vero. Send/return is bridged when not used, which allows for easy (delay in front of amp) and more complex (delay in fx loop) setups without having to rewire everything.
What did you use for the buffer box? Did you make the board or use prefab? I love the idea. I am going to build a couple of buffers but putting them all in one box is a stellar idea!