News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard pics megathread

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Trying to work out what drives are going on this board...  This is without all the other dirts I have....  Either version is pretty versatile.

mikef

Pedal board,as of June 2017. subject to change,ha-ha!

madbean

Gearing up for the 2018 pedalboard. I am going to build two loopers with soft-touch switching. It won't be anything fancy with presets - just straight bypass. There will be 9 mono bypass loops and then three momentary switches that plug into the Mobius for preset/TT control. The bypass loops are actually based on the Coda bypass! The Mobius/Alter Ego and T2 are all run in stereo so they won't be included in the looper.

There's an empty spot where I hoped to add either the Freekout (Digitech) or Quintessence (TC) but I don't think I'll have the cash for that right now. I think I will replace the 2-knob Bloviator with the newer 3-knob 1590A version. And, maybe the 4:1 with the White Horse (haven't decided).

This is my commercial/ambient PB. I have another one that's all DIY/MBP stuff which I am constantly changing!

cacophony

Finely done!

Marshall Arts

That foldable board is really nice!

Not a beauty, but a beast: As I was in a hurry to put together a new rock board, I reused one of my older boards and have some space left (well...never thought I would say THAT about my boards).

Signal Chain:
I am singing backing vocals as well, so the Korg Tuner is used to split the signal and send one half to the TC Helicon (via a ground lift cable to prevent hum) to produce the correct harmonies. The TC is not used to further process the guitar signal (it's not really made for electric guitars).

The other half of the signal goes to the FreQout, Wah Wah (of course with a madbean board in it), Queen of Bones, Amp. The Alter Ego Delay is in the FX Loop of the amp.

The Amp is usually set up rather clean and the QoB does the boost/drive. I use the amp's dirty channel only for heavy stuff. The amp has a nice reverb as well.

Everything goes through the buffered gateway on the top left (I can switch on individual klon buffers on the input, send, return, output as required) in there and is connected to the amp with a multicore cable. Power is provided by a Palmer PWT08 which can feed the hungry pedals as well (TC Helicon: 12V, 400 mA, FreQout: 9V, 235 mA).

blearyeyes

What did you use for the buffer box? Did you make the board or use prefab? I love the idea. I am going to build a couple of buffers but putting them all in one box is a stellar idea!

Marshall Arts

I made the pedal board, if that was your question :-). The buffers are 4 switchable Klon buffers on Vero. Send/return is bridged when not used, which allows for easy (delay in front of amp) and more complex (delay in fx loop) setups without having to rewire everything.
Quote from: blearyeyes on May 29, 2018, 09:31:38 PM
What did you use for the buffer box? Did you make the board or use prefab? I love the idea. I am going to build a couple of buffers but putting them all in one box is a stellar idea!

mr_mwr

I built this board in 2014, but just the other day pulled it all apart and re wired it and added some pedals. Pretty happy with the outcome. 6 of 9 pedal made by me.

Tuner - Bearhug Compressor - 3 stage booster - JHS Superbolt - TS 808 (byoc kit) - Blackout effectors SST dual Fuzz - Fat Fuzz Factory - Cardinal Tremolo - Multiplex Echo machine  - to my Vox. All Powered by a Pedal Power Plus underneath.

I want to built the Fatpants, GCfx Rotten comp, Spaceharp and a reverb (not sure which one yet) I have boards for the tenebrion and Rub-a-dub....

Marshall Arts

My 2019 pedalboard is build around my Eoo3 looper. Other than that, only one diy effect, the queen of bone. And of course a huge patch box to route audio for electric and acoustic guitar as well as vocals, amp switching and amp fx loop.

The boss switch is to switch vocal harmonies on and off. There is a little hole in the top deck over the status LED of the TC play acoustic (on the top right corner of the queen of bone).

The footswitch on the patch box determines, whether the vocal harmonies are derived from the acoustic or electric guitar. The acoustic guitar is muted, when the electric guitar is selected. The electric guitar is NOT muted, when the acoustic guitar is selected. I am in a band, where the second guitar player takes my acoustic from time to time, so we can both play  ;D

Complicated stuff, I know, but once it's set up, it's surprisingly easy...

It all fits in an old hardcover suitcase...

I still need to do some aluminum edges and fix the patch box with something other than duct tape, but as I need the board next weekend, I am afraid it will stay like this for some time...

KMRO

I built a quick DIY pedal board yesterday and it has been really fun.  I had an old board in the garage that was repurposed.  Featuring: Nom nom, Honeydripper, Into the Unknown, Arcadiator, Purple Platypus, Wolfshirt, Distortion, and Deathklaw.  Now I've got a handful of new pedals that I need to find space for.  Or build another pedal board . . .

Bio77

I've had a goal to build a completely DIY board for my bass.  Most of the flangers and chorus pedals I have built have been auditioning for this.
Finally decided on a phaser for the last position, now it's all done! 

I built it inside a toolbox because I use a vocal FX processor, and I wanted to have a place to keep everything together.  I used a backpack for years, this is much better. 

Pedals are:  tuner -> JMK Big Bass Drive (with added blend control) -> Schu-tone Lone Wolf -> VFE Choral Reef -> VFE Tractor Beam -> Dead End FX Flange-A-Rama

dan.schumaker

I like the toolbox idea, great work! (and I like the Lone Wolf too  ;) )

Bio77

Quote from: dan.schumaker on June 19, 2019, 05:51:55 PM
I like the toolbox idea, great work! (and I like the Lone Wolf too  ;) )

Thanks Dan!  LW is a great circuit.

Berger

getting close to done. I need to mount the power supply underneath and run the cables there as well.

Willybomb

Current state of the big board. Powered by a CIOKS AC10 because I used to have a HT-dual on there (Has been powered by a 1spot hen the HT-Dual wasn't on it).

Tuner, wah, Lightspeed (comp/klon),  Leviathan (TB, SHo, TB->SHO, Zendrive/Englishman, Plexi), Behringer multi, Spacestation (Porkbarrel, DBD w/tap, Rubadub), SHO, Endgame (klon buffer, splitter to 1/4out, Bloviator, Lart's cabsim, splitter to 1/4out and XLR out (THCustoms Linedriver)....