News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard pics megathread

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

With my Pedaltrain now permanently occupied with 1590G pedals, I decided to put my old Gorm board back together. Still a work in progress. I think I will add a volume pedal and I'm going to build that little three switch controller for one of the Strymons. Also thinking of a little box to plug that controller and the expression pedal into with a couple of switches so I can easily re-route which Strymon pedal they control. Not much DIY on this board but man it has teh soundz. It's pretty ridiculous.

Signal chain: noise gate - tuner - pitch fork (may move this to after dirt) - a mini Clusterfuzz I made - Third Rail - Ditto - Mojovibe (just found out this one has a bad switch) - B9 (not playing well with the PP2 for some reason) - Mobius - Timeline plus the expression pedal.

Tremster

Surprised at the Mojo Vibe as there could be a Harbinger in that spot.

madbean

Quote from: Tremster on April 05, 2016, 07:03:08 AM
Surprised at the Mojo Vibe as there could be a Harbinger in that spot.

Well, I've built quite a few Univibes but I had the MV first :) Plus, I won't pretend like it isn't the best sounding Vibe I've played! Still, I have more than enough gear to fill a couple more pedalboards so a Harbinger One or Two is likely to be on them.

playpunk

Quote from: gorditas on January 22, 2016, 10:33:45 AM
This is the pedalboard I recently finished. I wanted to build something with a switcher to make it easier to demo pedals with friends. The Boss ES-8 allows you to change effects order, has midi control, and allows you to customize the buttons on the panel. I built all of the drives and the compressor.  I also soldered every single cable on the board, which is a Trailer Trash 28x16:

The outputs, midi connection, and a courtesy 9V to demo off-board pedals.

How do you like the two h9's and es8?? I'm considering either the strymon trinity or a couple of h9's, and an Es-8 to control
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Martan

Quote from: Cortexturizer on April 02, 2016, 07:16:37 AM

with the addition of ct5 I got this one completed. this is my board that I use when playing alone. I am not using the freeze as much as I used to so that will probably go, as well as the boss volume. I will probably add a high sustaining fuzz that would be good for slide guitar, any recommendations?

EDIT:

Here's an excerpt from today's looping session

You finally got the Count to Five! I remember you being non-plused about the wait. Was it worth it?

gorditas

How do you like the two h9's and es8?? I'm considering either the strymon trinity or a couple of h9's, and an Es-8 to control
[/quote]

So sorry, I just now saw that you asked this. I love the two H9's paired with the ES8. The carry over function of the looper makes it possible to make seamless transitions of complex patches. I show a little of how I integrate the H9's with the ES8 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDRNIPvjsAQ

Coda-effects

Here is my board, ready to switch for a pedaltrain junior :

THe pedaltrain 2 is way too heavy to go to gigs without pain in the back (especially with my Les Paul that weights already a lot), so I plan on switching to a smaller version.

I also want to sowly replace all my commercial pedals by DIY pedals. The next one to go is the Caline CP20 (green BB enclosure, fulltone fulldrive clone), I need to find a TS9 design that could fit instead (I do not use the clipping switches that much, the boost is nice though). Maybe I'll replace it by a Big Muff + an overdrive

Anyway, it is a nice board, I just miss a small looper, so maybe my beloved DD2 will go and be replaced by a EHX 720.

Aleph Null

Just wired her back up after completing some builds.

Korg Pitch Black Tuner
Catawampus Double Fuzz (modified Red Llama & Maestro MFZ-1)
Bogner Escstacy Blue
Morely Mini Volume
BYOC Tremolo
Metron's Flanger (BYOC Analog Flanger)
T.C Electronic Nova Repeater
Golden Scarab (Grind Customs FX Tenebrion)

I'm slowly working toward an all-DIY board, but the Bogner has proven invaluable...also I haven't seen any DIY tuner projects yet.

twin

Hi,

Here's my new homemade pedalboard with some integrated routing tricks (tried to explain this on the picture... :P).
I built it in a suitcase style to be easily moved and well protected.
I like the fact that I can plug the input, outputs and power cable and still let the top on it.
The Lunar Crash autowah (modded Meatsphere from Musicpcb) can be controlled by the Maze LFO section or with the expression pedal.

m-Kresol

that's perfect twin! cool setup and functional too
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

I really like the expression knobs set up. Really cool.

Cody

drolo

I also like the expression setup a lot
Pretty nice pedalboard
I see you applied some goop to protect your secret compressor settings  :D

madbean

My board is currently a mess and disassembled waiting on one final element (building a looper). I finally sold my Timeline and got the Alter Ego (and still came out $200+ ahead). I really like the Alter Ego so far...it's warm and musical and is so much more straight forward to use even though it is a larger footprint. But, who knows my Timelapse might trump it once it's finally done.

Current DIY pedals on this board are noise gate, Clusterfuzz JR, Bear Hug, mini Klon, Bloviator and Mysterioso Sr. I'd like to add in maybe the Freekout because it is fun to play. (I have another board that is all DIY)

claytushaywood

Quote from: Cortexturizer on April 02, 2016, 07:16:37 AM

with the addition of ct5 I got this one completed. this is my board that I use when playing alone. I am not using the freeze as much as I used to so that will probably go, as well as the boss volume. I will probably add a high sustaining fuzz that would be good for slide guitar, any recommendations?

EDIT:

Here's an excerpt from today's looping session

[/quote

how are you using the keyboard and tablet?

madbean

Needs a bit of cleanup on the wiring but this is coming together. I think the drives will be swapped out frequently but everything else is solid. I put an LED strip across the middle bar and wired it to a DC jack to power off the PS.