News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalboard pics megathread

Started by madbean, December 19, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

Any chance of getting a breakdown of the pedals on the "mini" board?  Several interesting ones on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

cooder

Sure.
Here it goes:
signal goes into tuner first, then into compressor and fat boost in rear, from there onto first pedal on top shelf right (the one with the 10 knobs, called the "hedgehog"  ;)) which is two THC 5 band eqs in one box. Those are set up that I can engage the top 5 eq or bottom 5 eq for three different sounds; true bypass/top eq/bottom eq. This works great for me as I play normal acoustic through it, resonator and Weissenborn lapsteel, so I can have one preset for each (true bypass is for normal guitar).
After that the bigger box is Univibe, I dig the vibe setting for acoustic guitar.
Then another tooneshaper: the Rc boost, also good if used with electric for some light overdrive.
After that the very left on top shelf is SJ effects Tonemeister (on my own pcb) for yet more tone shaping boosting etc. It's great to have several levels/boosts at the foot rather than a volume pedal I find.
Bottom shelf from right to left:
the big box is yet more eq, two selectable 6 band eqs (1776 effects)
into Double Flush tremolo
into Deep Blue delay
into yet another Deep Blue delay (meaning I have two different delay settings at the feet or even combine them together; one of the Deep Blues will probabaly get replaced by a Hamlet delay for more variety and as I dig the sound of that too)
From there signal goes to left rear box which is RubaDub reverb /SHO/Bloviator and from there finally into Fishman loudbox, tonestack set pretty much at noon and no chorus or reverb on that as I find the pedals sound way better than the inbuilt chorus/reverb on amp.
Hope that enlightens it a bit.
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Good to see the 1.4 Doppelganger still in use, although I see you gave in and labelled it :P :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Quote from: alanp on January 08, 2015, 09:27:19 PM
Good to see the 1.4 Doppelganger still in use, although I see you gave in and labelled it :P :)
Yeah the Doppelgaenger is sweet!
Great work on the pcb there Alan (I don't have any ticking issues for whatever lucky reason on this 1.4 version yay....).And yes, on some pedals label help... ;) the other pedal I have labelled is the Snowy White autowah on top right at start of electric board chain.
BigNoise Amplification

LaceSensor

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

brejna

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 09, 2015, 02:51:27 AM

This is dream come true board! :D
Are you doing gigs with this? It sure is heavy..

LaceSensor

Quote from: brejna on January 09, 2015, 03:18:22 AM

Hi
thanks. no gigs, no longer in a band. I have gigged with that same pedalboard just different pedals in it though previously...

Its about the same as a decent size combo amp (20kg?)

brejna

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 09, 2015, 03:21:18 AM
Quote from: brejna on January 09, 2015, 03:18:22 AM

Hi
thanks. no gigs, no longer in a band. I have gigged with that same pedalboard just different pedals in it though previously...

Its about the same as a decent size combo amp (20kg?)
I understand why you've carrying it, I have similar size board and cannot gig without it. Just I have to have all those sounds! :D

Willybomb

Not as awesome as some of the stuff on this board, but it covers everything I do.  I rebuilt it a couple of days ago - adding the SeaPig and Terminus pedals and rerouting all the leads.  I think I'll make a far simpler Terminus, just buffer, master volume, Balanced XLR out to go with this board as the cab emulation on the Blackstar is about as good as it gets and this rig sounds fantastic straight into a PA speaker.  I actually just bypassed the EQ and Cabsim on the Terminus for a gig last week.  I'm also going to put together a far simpler board for usage with a single 9v source (probably the joyo portable pedal power supply) using my Boneyard and a few other pedals.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Cortexturizer

he probably has two boards more, one of them contains all lovetone production pedals and the other one is all clones, right?

LaceSensor

I don't have room in. In an apartment and it's difficult to have more an one board. Everything is boxed up in closets. When I get a house with a dedicated music room it will be a different matter altogether.

I actually prefer the dr scientist dirt to Lovetone and the paradox is better than the flanger.... Everything else covered by möbius for space concerns....

Muadzin

Last incarnation of my big pedal board

Guitar in -> Korg tuner -> Custom patchbay/splitter -> 1 signal out (currently to nowhere), other to board -> Bloviator -> Snow White Auto Wah -> Boss DF-2 (for boosts and feedback) -> Custom looper
Loop 1 Pitchshift: with Bit Commander -> WH-1 Whammy 
Loop 2, a dual A/B loop, dirt loop: with Fuzz Factory -> Mayonaise III -> Little Green Wonder -> Stone Grey Distortion -> Decimator. clean loop: ?Lady (usually off as its supposed to be for a clean sound, except for leads)
Loop 3 Modulation: Ring Thing, Space Harp phaser, Shoot the Moon tremelo

From the looper -> AMT F1 preamp -> Pitchfactor (from there on stereo) => M9 => Nova Delay => RV-5 => back to custom patchbay and stereo out. Used to be to two Fender amps, nowadays, since I have that AMT preamp in the chain to two EHX Magnum 44 poweramp pedals and then straight into two cabinets.

This board is however being dismantled as I'm moving things over to a Pedal Train Grande board.

(Slightly) Smaller pedal board that I used in a Radiohead tribute band.

Line 6 wireless -> Custom patchbay with selectable input (between guitar and Kaoss pad) and selectable Pete Cornish buffer (for added fairy sprinkle dust) -> Korg tuner -> Whammy DT -> AMT SS30 Bulava preamp, for cleans, dirt and separate straight into a mixing desk out with cab sims. In the SS30's FX sent/return loop a Micro Amp for boosted leads and the Line 6 M13 for modulation, delays and reverb. From the AMT back to the custom patch bay and into the poweramp section of an amp via the FX return. Or not at all, thanks to the cab sim out of the SS30. It was pretty sweet no longer having to haul an amp along to gigs.

Small board for ad hoc configurations. In this case a Big Muff shootout.

Seven Big Muffs all at once. Awesome Muffage!!!

The cream of my rigs, my 19" rack unit of sonic doom!

With pedal board and MIDI controller.

This rig predates my current pedal building imagery trend for WH40K goodness henceforth the pedal pr0n. Its an awesome rig that took me years to build. Unfortunately, without roadies and a small truck there's no way I'm going to take it on the road with me. Which is too bad, because it works.

For those who want to know the signal chain
Line 6 wireless -> custom patch bay (I do love to make these things) -> TC tuner -> BYOC digital delay set to almost no delay at all (because I like how it colors my sound) -> Dunlop Wah -> custom looper
Loop 1: Boss DF-2, for boost and feedback
Loop 2: RC-2
Loop 3: WH-1 whammy
After the looper the signal goes back to the patchbay and to the 19" rack which has 3 GCX loopers with 8 loops each.

GCX-1: loop 1: Microsynth
Loop 2: Korg A3 multiFX, set only to the funkwah preset (think U2's Mysterious Ways)
Loop 3: POG2
Loop 4: Naga Viper
Loop 5: BYOC Screamer
Loop 6: Fuzz Factory
Loop 7: SFT
Loop 8: Dirty Little Secret

Between GCX 1 and 2 the Sansamp PSA1 is inserted as a preamp. The signal chain goes on from the PSA FX sent loop

GCX-2: Loop 1: Rocktron Hush
Loop 2: Rocktron Hush
Loop 3: Boss GE-7 (set for a clean sound with a little more highs and less lows)
Loop 4: Micro Amp (for leads)
Between loops 4 and 5 I inserted a custom signal splitter so from now on the signal goes stereo
Loop 5: Digitech DHP33 harmonizer L
Loop 6: Digitech DHP33 harmonizer R
Loop 7: Boss GX-700 multi FX L
Loop 8: Boss GX-700 multi FX R

GCX-3: Loop 1: Korg Kaosspad 3 L
Loop 2: Korg Kaosspad 3 R
Loop 3: Line 6 M5 L
Loop 4: Line 6 M5 R
Loop 5: Line 6 Echo Pro L
Loop 6: Line 6 Echo Pro R
Loop 7: TC G-Major L
Loop 8: TC G-Major R

From there on the signal returns to the PSA FX return loops. The output either goes stereo to a Marshall 8008 poweramp into a stereo cabinet, or it goes from the PSA cab sim output straight into a mixing desk. Which was how I planned to use this thing, and only use the Marshall and cabinet for stage sound.

Cortexturizer