News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Starlight Echo

Started by jkokura, May 23, 2011, 06:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

This is the Echobase, but with a few little tweaks to taste.

First up, my client wanted a southern cross in LED's on the face, so I built a network of LED's that turn on and off with the pedal, looks pretty dang snazzy and bright on a stage. The little LED up by the Speed and Depth pots is the modulation LED attached to the board, not as bright, but I wanted that because the other LED's are supposed to be the real indicator lights anyway, i wanted the modulating LED to be more of a background thing. All LED's are hot glued in place, so I hope they stay!

Next, I put a 'slam' feature in. It's instant oscillation by means of a momentary SPST switch. Step on the switch, the delay goes into insanity mode. Step off the switch, and the insanity will die off and you will be left with your regular delay. What's genius about this particular setup is that the volume is capped off, so it never will blow your ears, and you can control the overall level of oscillations with the Level knob. If you play with it a bit, you'll find you can get an acceptable level of oscillation volume, and still hear your guitar over it if you continue to play, sort of like a madness in the background. Obviously you don't get the delayed sound with the overlaying guitar but...

Overall it came out nice and clean. I had a delay on this one because the original enclosure developed a blemish during my finishing process, so I had to wait a month for a replacement enclosure to come in the mail... Makes me want to look into powder coating myself and ordering enclosures in bulk.

LEDs are hard to photograph.

And the Guts.

Enjoy!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

JeffdaMaori

Super tidy and clean looking,professional swisch outside; top stuff!

Nice with the Southern Cross... is the client from Australia (the Australian flag has the Southern Cross as five stars depicted, the NZ falg with four stars)....?

jkokura

Thanks! I work on hard on making my stuff as perfect as I can.

Quote from: JeffdaMaori on May 23, 2011, 06:53:27 PM
Nice with the Southern Cross... is the client from Australia (the Australian flag has the Southern Cross as five stars depicted, the NZ falg with four stars)....?

He had been to Austrailia, and wanted to commemorate that experience in a custom piece.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

k.rock!

Very cool Jacob! Looks great, I love the LEDs...if I had this pedal I probably would be staring at it all the time while playing...haha great job!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

mjcyates

Very nice Jacob! How do you like the circuit? I think it sounds very nice.

nzCdog

Awesome job Jacob... I love the design incorporating the LEDs...  The fonts are gorgeous too, which ones did you use? (if you don't mind me asking)

Jimihendrix1987

Ei Jacob ! You've made a very cool looking pedal ;) Congratulations ;)

Quote from: jkokura on May 23, 2011, 06:56:31 PM
Thanks! I work on hard on making my stuff as perfect as I can.

I appreciate this kind of people !

petesz

gtr2

Definitely my favorite of yours so far Jacob.

Sweeeet!  You always set the bar high!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Oooh that a nice looking pedal. Something I would want indeed! How difficult was it to add the extra slam knob? Sounds like something I'd be interested in doing.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

redbean

Fantastic job... love the stars! ;)
es là-bas!!