News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NRRGSMGD!

Started by Haberdasher, December 24, 2014, 03:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

I sold off one of my old guitars i never play and a speaker cab recently.  Turned it into this!
New Reverend Reeves Gabrels Signature Model Guitar Day  :D
New to me, anyway. ;)

This really is a killer little axe and i do love the neck.  Not quite into baseball bat territory, but close.
This is the slightly older Gabrels model that uses a Reverend hummer in the bridge, dimarzio fast track ii neck.  The pups are a wee bit hot, but that's ok since none of my other guitars really have hot pups. I like the bass roll off knob, the only problem is my hand is constantly flying up there to twiddlie with it, it's like crack!  I need to learn a couple of sweet spots and leave that damn thing alone haha.

The  really sad thing is i started off wanting to buy a tele with single coils, and totally failed lol.    Maybe next year.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

GrindCustoms

Dang Keefe!!! That's a very nice looking guitar, flamed charcoal/black is beautiful!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

stevie1556

I'm a sicker for flame and quilted maple tops, and that is absolutely stunning!

Great buy! :)

SmoothAction

Those Reverend guitars are growing on me. Gotta love that fat neck and monotone color scheme. Classy.

Wicked man  8)

pickdropper

That's beautiful, Keefe.  I've never had a chance to play a Reverend, but I'm going to keep my eye out.

I've been in hard core gear shuffling mode lately.  Moving things out to love others in.  It's the cycle of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

Now THAT is one spiffy guitar! Youre going to have a blast with it. Big congrats.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

mjcyates

Very nice. I love Reverend guitars and that one is a beauty.

bcalla

I played a Reverend bass in a local music store a couple years ago and it took all of my self control to not buy it.  I completely understand why you 'failed'.

mmlee

What's the top knob do?
>Marcus

Rockhorst

That just looks so so awesome :o

Leevibe

So beautiful and COOL! I will own a Reverend one day. Congrats!

Haberdasher

Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 24, 2014, 03:13:58 PM
Dang Keefe!!! That's a very nice looking guitar, flamed charcoal/black is beautiful!
Thanks Rej.  I like the trans black.  I've never been into loud color guitars so this suits me.

Quote from: stevie1556 on December 24, 2014, 03:19:06 PM
I'm a sicker for flame and quilted maple tops, and that is absolutely stunning!

Great buy! :)
glad i posted then, thanks.  it looks even better in person!

Quote from: SmoothAction on December 24, 2014, 03:24:20 PM
Those Reverend guitars are growing on me. Gotta love that fat neck and monotone color scheme. Classy.

Wicked man  8)
I appreciate it man, thanks.  The revs i've played all have a nice quality feel to them.

Quote from: pickdropper on December 24, 2014, 03:39:57 PM
That's beautiful, Keefe.  I've never had a chance to play a Reverend, but I'm going to keep my eye out.

I've been in hard core gear shuffling mode lately.  Moving things out to love others in.  It's the cycle of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks dave!  yeah, pick one up and give it a spin.  i am becoming a fan.

i still want a more traditional tele at some point though- like an ash tray bridge & maple fretboard, but with a p-90 in the neck.  that will definitely have to wait, but the idea has me looking at all my gear, wondering what i should sell next, lol.  i can see how gear whoring could become very addictive.

Quote from: jubal81 on December 24, 2014, 06:48:29 PM
Now THAT is one spiffy guitar! Youre going to have a blast with it. Big congrats.
thank you, sir!  you are a fan of the reverends as well aren't you?

Quote from: mjcyates on December 24, 2014, 07:39:43 PM
Very nice. I love Reverend guitars and that one is a beauty.
thanks mjyates, i noticed you have some in another post here somewhere.  happy holidays to ya.

Quote from: bcalla on December 25, 2014, 07:58:47 AM
I played a Reverend bass in a local music store a couple years ago and it took all of my self control to not buy it.  I completely understand why you 'failed'.
haha, yep.  i was in the market for something else.  still trying to figure out how this puppy followed me home.

Quote from: mmlee on December 25, 2014, 11:51:55 AM
What's the top knob do?
that is a passive bass roll off that all the reverend guitars have.  if you roll the bass off it makes it sound more like single coils.  but it has all the points in between too, so it's hard to stop messing with it tbh.

Quote from: Rockhorst on December 25, 2014, 11:55:51 AM
That just looks so so awesome :o
thanks Rockhorst!

Quote from: Leevibe on December 25, 2014, 05:58:29 PM
So beautiful and COOL! I will own a Reverend one day. Congrats!
be sure to post when you get one.  there are a lot of cool models to choose from, that's for sure.

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

dodgechargerfan

Nice! I really like Reverend Guitars.

HNGD!

culturejam

Gorgeous!

I love the idea of the high-pass filter knob.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

GrindCustoms

Quote from: culturejam on December 25, 2014, 06:54:44 PM
Gorgeous!

I love the idea of the high-pass filter knob.

Yeah, me too... after listening to couple clips, i could find that more usefull than an actual tone control.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/