News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Laserwolf help...Solved (i'm a dork)

Started by pierre67, January 05, 2015, 08:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre67

Hi !
So, yesterday I put toghether the Laserwolf project...Overdrive and delay works fine but Phaser not...I mean yes, but when I engage the phaser volume drops to allmost nothing...I can hear it swooshing but at a very very low level...Rate led is working, and so are all the pots.
The strange thing is that I dont get ground continuity in phaser's "G" pad.
I did the "scrip fix" and I was extra carefull to cut the trace, I used a 0.8mm drill bit for the job turning it by hand...I have ground continuity everywhere in the circuit except in the "G" pad of the phaser...
The voltage readings seems to be similar to the chart in the building document...Changed all Ic's, checked for solder bridges and components values...desoldered the scrip switch, the 4pdt and still nothing...
In any case, here's de voltage readings from a 9,7V regulated PS:

IC5:                                           
1   4.98v           
2   2.5V
3   5mV
4   5mV
5   2.85V
6   2.5V
7   0.55V
8   0.67V   
9-16   2.5V

IC4:
1   4.7V
2   4.7V
3   4.67V
4    3mV
5    4.67V
6    4.7V
7    4.7V
8    9.4V

IC2:
1    3.94V
2    3.94V
3    3.69V
4    2.6mV
5-6-7 varies
8    9.06V

IC3:
1    3.95V
2    3.95V
3    3.95V
4    2.5mV
5     3.95V
6     3.94V
7     3.74V
8     9.06V

IC6:
1     3.94V
2     3.94V
3     3.94V
4      2.5mV
5      3.94V
6      3.94V
7      3.94V
8      9.07V

...I'm really lost here...I can't find my mistake...I can post some pictures.
Thanks for your help !

Pierre

madbean

I'm concerned that you are reading 2.5mV and above on ground. That should not be the case.

1 - How are you testing your build? Is it in a testing rig or boxed up?
2 - Have you tried wiring the G pad to the nearest ground point? There is a via connected to ground just above R71.

pierre67

I'm testing it with a sort of testing rig...(not boxed)...I have tried wiring the G pad to ground but nothing seems to change...Again, overdrive and delay works good, without the phaser engaged, once I switch it on, volume drops to allmost 0, but I can hear the phaser working in the background...rate, p-mix and scrip switch seems to work ok...

pierre67

please dont tell me I cut the wrong trace...

madbean

You've got it right, no worries there.

We need to find out why you are getting a very small reading on ground. Tell me, or show me, exactly how you have it set on your testing apparatus.

pierre67

...this is what I use to test all my builds, pretty primitive but it works

...The black wire from phaser's g pad is for testing, I changed the script switch just in case...

pierre67

ok...sometimes I do stupid things, but this time I have done a really stupid thing, like putting a 2N5457 instead a 2N5087 in Q6...Now it works, of course, and it sounds really good...and I feel like a dork  :-[
For the phaser G pad, after a really close looking it seems that it's not attached to ground, it does not affect the sound, but the status led dont light up unless I wire it to ground...

Thank for your patience and sorry for my stupid mistake...