News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green ringer delima

Started by maiko, January 14, 2015, 05:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maiko

I really wanted to build a green ringer only problem is 5088's arent availbe to me locally.
so i though to sub 3904's   

Ended up failing miserably i double, tripled and quadruple checked by circuit.  Everything is in place. however i did notice several schematics in the net with some variances from one another like at +9v on one there was no cap to ground but on another there is a 100uf and also to the final cap on some it calls for a .1uf cap and on some 100uf was listed.

the sound that im getting is a barely there kindly farting output.   I feel it wants to work but it just cant.

Anyways im convinced that the transistor has to be the culprit maybe the 3904's cant push enough juice to make the circuit work

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Im open to all suggestions and comments

midwayfair

3904 should be fine. The might be something else wrong.

Post voltages etc. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

madbean

Are you using a layout, vero board, perf build? We need more details.

LaceSensor

pinout?

diodes the right orientation?

mods?

layout?

maiko

Initially was running it on a perf/vero board.    Then i found out that i skipped the 2.2meg between input and the first 47n cap.

I etched out a pcb and got it working . . . . however . . . .

1.) was not anticipating it to be errrr  this fuzzy hahahaha ( 1n4148 diodes)

2.) It seems to act like a noise suppressor would dive down on the signal killing the sustain. 

Since the adding of the 2.2meg made the circuit work would bumping up to say 4 meg cure the sustain problem?

Ordered some 5088's amd 89's should show up today.    But the 3904's did work.