Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New BYOC Parts Store

Started by Myramyd, May 31, 2011, 01:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myramyd

Most of you probably got the email too but:

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/storeindex.html

Decent price on enclosures, jacks, and 3PDT switches. They are much closer to me than the others, so they have always shipped really fast.

J

cjkbug

ya beat me to the punch. prices look competative. my guess is that are hobby is expanding pretty fast. suppliers are gonna start coming out of the wood work.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Myramyd

Well, for me, it takes at least a week or longer to get anything from Small Bear, Mouser, Tayda, PPP, so it's nice to have some alternatives. I don't expect they will have the depth of the others but, looks like they might be my go-to source for a lot of off-board stuff.

Every time I've ordered from BYOC it has taken 1-2 days since they are about a state away.

Plus, that's where I got my start and their support was invaluable, both on their forum and by email. I got some incorrect parts in a kit a couple of times and had the replacements the next day.

J

cjkbug

I saw mn3005's listed on the ic page. no prices yet, but it would be great to have a reputable source for those. I'd pay a good amount for verified chips.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

The enclosures are what are really sticking out to me. It's become the hardest part to deal with..Not to mention those rare IC chips also!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jball85

I wish they would go ahead and start selling PCBs already, whats the hold up?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Did you read the disclaimer in red at the top?
"We're very sorry, but we currently have no PCBs for sale.  We are going through a transition period to revise the layouts of all our PCBs.  We have no dates for when this will be competed but will like span the entire year of 2011.  We have no dates on when any particular PCBs will be available either."

bigmufffuzzwizz

Honestly I was kinda glad when I read that. They haven't been releasing many new projects so I've been wondering what they were up to. It makes sense since a lot of those projects are kinda old and that seems to be the most recent trend w/ them, revising the layouts. Hopefully that means a big update from them in the future!

JakeFuzz

I emailed the sales folks to see what the deal is with the IC ordering. If they're legit and reasonably priced I sure would like to pick up a few of those MN3005's. Ill let you guys know what they say.

k.rock!

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 02, 2011, 11:54:27 AM
Honestly I was kinda glad when I read that. They haven't been releasing many new projects so I've been wondering what they were up to. It makes sense since a lot of those projects are kinda old and that seems to be the most recent trend w/ them, revising the layouts. Hopefully that means a big update from them in the future!

I would love to see general guitar gadgets do the same as well.. I've only built a few TS808s from them and the quality and sound of them are very good. And prices are awesome too.
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: JakeFuzz on June 02, 2011, 11:55:02 AM
I emailed the sales folks to see what the deal is with the IC ordering. If they're legit and reasonably priced I sure would like to pick up a few of those MN3005's. Ill let you guys know what they say.

Yes please do let us know. I believe they have the chip I need for the guitarpcb MoRC.

Quote from: k.rock! on June 02, 2011, 11:59:26 AM
I would love to see general guitar gadgets do the same as well.. I've only built a few TS808s from them and the quality and sound of them are very good. And prices are awesome too.

I agree with you. I've liked all the GGG kits I've built so far and he gave me %15 off for ordering 5 kits at once!! I gotta get my Brassmaster together, its starting to daunt me!

JakeFuzz

Well just heard back about the MN3005. Apparently they are all counterfeit chips (reprinted mn3008's), bummer. Didn't ask about the CA3080 though.   

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: JakeFuzz on June 02, 2011, 02:32:34 PM
Well just heard back about the MN3005. Apparently they are all counterfeit chips (reprinted mn3008's), bummer. Didn't ask about the CA3080 though.   

Hmm I wonder why they made that list then. They must be very busy..