News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Squeeze, Big Bull, Ghostbooster, Glitter and Trauma!

Started by JoeDorcia, January 23, 2015, 03:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeDorcia

Ok... So i got round to boxing these up after the Tex had time to cure and got a trade show with work out of the way...

First up is Squeeze - Ross/Dyna Comp Clone on Fuzz Dog's Skwisher PCB
This was my very first full build, the gentleman that is LaceSensor aka Ian supplied the parts for me and it went together easy enough for my first build. The inside is messy compared to standards on this board, and I really want to refinish this as I don't like my hand-painted art. Started painting the orange and then remembered the compressor of that name... confusion. Ah well. Love this compressor, does what I want and the variable recovery switch is a nice touch.

Next up, two Big Bulls - BB Overdrive/Preamp Clones on Fuzz Dog's  Big Beefy PCB
I've played plenty of TS based gain boxes over the years, but this is really pushing to be my favourite, its a great variation with bags of volume on tap and the active baxandall tone stack is saweet. I built two as these were my 2nd/3rd builds and wanted to see if they turned out the same... They did. One's for sale, I'm keeping the sparkly one! This is the start of my now set aesthetic but I wanted the smoke and horns to be white, so i masked these off, sprayed and then put the decal over the top. Envirotexed an we're done. Loverly.

Who you gonna call? Ghostbooster! EP3 Boost clone on Fuzz Dog's EPic Boost PCB
LOVE LOVE LOVE this boost. Echoplex-y goodness with loads of boost and the Fat/Bright switches are subtle but thats all you need to tweak the tone. The name came from my friend, who thought I was talking about Ectoplasm when I said Echoplex... and Ghostbooster it was. Again, decal, Tex. Done. Though I ran out of my Ultrabright Red LEDs so this is waiting for some light action.

Finally we have Glitter and Trauma. I'm a big fan of Biffy Clyro (especially albums 1-3, and 6) and this is the name of the first track from 3rd album Infinity Land.
Glitter is a Euphoria Drive clone on Fuzz Dog's Joy Drive PCB. Wonderful tones, great dumble-in-a-box tones and a nice complement to my other TS variants.

Trauma is a Prunes 'n' Custard Clone on Fuzz Dog's Dirt Dessert PCB. Never had a chance to play the actual pedal for one reason or another, and its so fookin cool. Filthy, sweepy, dirty oddness and this is also my favourite artwork so far (apart from El Embullo, but thats another story for another day).

As you can see I've been doing a lot of Fuzz Dog PCBs so far. I highly recommend trying some for the UK/Europeans on here. His newer boards are getting more and more PCB mounted pots/switches and he has a big range too. All good.
Here's the family so far...
Making noise since 2001... If only I knew what I was doing

Instagram.com/Twitter - @JoeDorcia pictures and pretentious ramblings about my son, coffee, food, pedals and guitars...

Hogharry

I can see why the aesthetic is now set. It's a great look.

I've used a few of Fuzz Dog's other boards and they've turned out well. He has an astonishing range now.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Luke51411

I don't think you should do anything with the OS finish. I think it looks great! They're all very good looking especially for first few builds. I'm just now getting up to an aesthetic quality that I'm reasonably happy with after over a year actively involved in building. Great work, I love them all!!!

TGP39

This is crazy good......I mean CRAZY GOOD!   I don't get how talented so many members on this board really are?  I need to quit my job and study pedal building full time. :D

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Awesome collection, all look spiffin great, super graphics, nice and clean executed! Well done! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Leevibe

Wow! Great work man. Way to hit the ground running.

lincolnic

If you think you need to refinish that compressor, you're crazy. It looks great! They all look great.

selfdestroyer

The art work on all of these are great. Awesome job!

Cody

Hexjibber

bcalla

That's an impressive body of work.  I agree with Like on the OC - it looks great as is.

jprizz