News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Drilling template....um...template

Started by k.rock!, June 03, 2011, 07:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Hey dudes/gals!

I know maybe this is something most of you have stumbled upon before, but I thought I should share it here to make it available to others who hasn't seen this before.

This is a 1590BB drilling template from geofex.com:

http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/hmbbtpt.pdf

For a 1590BB is perfect cause he even added some guidelines for optimum hardware placement.

But the cool thing about it, is that if you open this up in a vector program, say Illustrator, you can treat each element in the PDF as an object that you can grab and move wherever you want. Which means, that if you draw a box with your enclosure dimensions, you can just grab however many pots you need, jacks, switches ,etc. and lay them out and use it as your drilling template! :D

So yeah, just thought this was a cool thing to have around when coming up with a layout concept. I should know, I normally whip out my ruler, paper and pencil and start drawing lines and making measurements all over the place :P haha

Enjoy!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

slimtriggers

Hey, that's neat!  My next build I may actually try to lay out properly  :D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Thanks for sharing this. Now I'll stop eyeing it, at least with the 1590BB enclosures!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jball85

Thank you sir. Thats almost as cool as the Heat getting beat last night in game 2, I know its off subject.

k.rock!

Quote from: jball85 on June 03, 2011, 05:42:46 PM
Thank you sir. Thats almost as cool as the Heat getting beat last night in game 2, I know its off subject.

haha! No problem...I wish Mavs could've taken it home again last night :( but oh well! Next game it's gonna tie the series!...(end of out-of-subject conversation) haha cause if we start this here, I'm sure it's not gonna end up pretty...  :D

Have a great day all! :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com