News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard

Started by slimtriggers, June 04, 2011, 01:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myramyd

Cool re-demo man. I dig throwing in the Phase 90!

I just got done testing mine with 47R for R5 and mine sounds identical to yours.

I'm VERY happy with the results!

J

mjcyates

It's hard to imagine that one stinking resistor can make that much of a difference but mine definitely sounds much better now and I think yours does to based on the demo.

slimtriggers

Thanks for checking it out!! 

Yeah, just one resistor made all the difference in the world!  It really came alive with that change.   

I need to learn some more VH stuff now 8)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Holy crap! That little resistor change really did make all the difference! Good job on finding that! You really got yourself a VH sounding pedal now! wow
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

slimtriggers

Myramyd deserves the credit for finding the R5 grail 8)

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1978.msg15693#msg15693

It was OK before, but I love it now!!  I was going to build a BSIAB, but now I guess I don't need to  :)

Myramyd

Thanks  ;D

What gave me the idea was that I was troubleshooting each piece of the circuit and I noticed when I jumpered over R5 it sounded closer to how I thought it should sound (albeit a bit over the top).

But yes, LOVE is the word I would use for it now. It means that I don't have to haul my Marshall half-stack to practice 1-2 times a week since I can simulate it with my DRRI now! (Although we gig almost every weekend, so my back will continue to hurt.) I may even be able to use this for the quieter/shorter gigs.

J

JeffdaMaori

Awesome help guys, thanks to everyone and especially Myramyd!
I've just finished mine now with R5 as 47 ohms and red LEDs in clippers, sounds friggin' awesome.
I've ended up using a MAX 1044 charge pump as the others I had (LTC 1044 and 7660) gave me a high pitch squeal on high gain channel when cranked.
But now it's all sweet! Awesome pedal! ;D