News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Using Papilio Waterslide laser paper... what printer settings?

Started by Justus, February 09, 2015, 06:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justus

I got in some Papilio waterslide decal paper since my eBay pack seems to be pretty cheap (won't stick to the enclosures).  My first run, I used the "plain paper" setting for my printer, an HP CP1525 color laserjet, just like the instructions said, and I got two smeared streaks down the paper looking like the printer was too hot or something.

Anyone using the Papilio waterslide decal paper (or anything similar) what are your printer settings for good results?

Muadzin

Is it the black that smears? At my old work place the printer sometimes had problems with the color black, creating those smears you mentioned. I never found a good solution to that. Plain setting, thick paper setting, it really was a crap shoot. Only thing that seemed to work was making sure there was as little black as possible in the image that I wanted to print. And pray to the Omnissiah that it would come out right. When I got different paper the problem seemed to stop. Don't know which brand it was, eBay stuff basically.

At my new workplace I can no longer use the printer to print decal paper. But since I'm working on a university the university print shop is basically around the corner and for €0,33 a pop their printer works flawlessly. Even though they always look at me like I present them with an outside context problem when I come to them for a new printout.

Long story short, no easy answers. It depends on the paper, how good the printer is and how good you are in using it.

m-Kresol

on our office printer I use the  "labels" setting. works fine
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Justus

Okay, third time's a charm.  I got some info from HP on decreasing the fusing temperature in my printer and finally got it to work.

Appropriate Settings:
HP CP1525 color laserjet - Set paper to Color Laser Transparency

This might have been one of the first things I'd try, but the Color Laser Transparency setting specifically did *not* work on my eBay waterslide decal paper.  Different results with the Papilio of course.