News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Going out of town

Started by madbean, February 06, 2015, 08:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'll be out of town for the next three days. Mostly that only concerns the moderators but just letting everyone know. I'll be able to check the forum a couple times at least...hopefully there will not be another service disruption.

There are a few outstanding orders which I plan to have shipped tomorrow morning.

madbean

Back home. I had a great time up in Illinois surprising my best buddy and band-mate for his 40th birthday. Also got the chance to do the final final (*and I mean final) cleanup on the record we are releasing here in a couple of months. Plus, I got to hear his other band rehearse and man they are good stuff.

Anyway, I did not get all the orders out before I left so tomorrow morning I will do that. I will also be ordering the first of the two next batches of releases which I will give more detail on soon. Basically, the first batch will be mostly re-stock and the one that follows a couple weeks after will have a ton of new stuff. After that, in March, we can look forward to almost ALL new projects I think. I'm so close to wrapping up about a dozen projects that I think folks here are going to be very excited.

Lastly on this update, starting around mid-March I will dial down the production side and concentrate mostly on the website re-design and Etcher's Paradise release. I have promised that both of these things will happen by mid-Spring and I intend to keep it. I am looking to integrate some of the suggestions made in the "2015 suggestions" thread on the website, too!

Basically, hold onto your buts cause the next two or three months is going to be VERY productive here.

madbean

Also forgot to mention: watching the Grammy's with my buddy Graham was a lot of fun. We've been playing music together for so many years we have nearly the same opinion about all music. We both agreed that Ed Sheeran (or whatever his name is) is total shite and that John Mayer was completely tolling the performance with the purple Jackson with shark tooth inlays and whammy flutter licks. Also, how ironic that Sam Smith won so big yet Tom Petty was re-buffed? The Lady Gaga/Tony Bennett performance was great (she totally has the vocal chops) and even though I have not hear the new Beck the tune he performed was outstanding. Also, I rather liked the harp rendition of the Stevie Wonder tune. And even 15 seconds of Prince is better than no Prince at all.

In summary, madbean's opinion of the Grammy's: 60% shite, 30% total gold, 10% WTF? (like Sia and 10 -15 audience shots of Taylor Swift).

GermanCdn

Umm, it was a pink Jackson....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.