Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

️Lovetone doubleganger️

Started by jimilee, February 18, 2015, 10:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Awesome job Jimi. Glad to see you.

TGP39

Phenomenal Jimi!  I know you must love the sounds that come out of this beast!

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

alanp

Quote from: jimilee on February 18, 2015, 06:00:32 PM
What are some fav settings, this thing does so much!

My normal setting is Dual LFO mode, Slow and Square off , and both Rates just a liiiitle bit out of synch, so they drift in and out of step with each other. Colour backed off just a bit, to remove the quackiness.

Really, really nice build :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

LaceSensor

You need to understand how it works to get the most out of it.

Internally there are 4 sets of LED/LDR (vactrol) combos that control 4 phase shift stages
Each stage has one of the four classic "staggered" uni-vibe capacitors (rather than matched caps like in a phase 90 for example).
The two lower frequency of the four are controlled in terms of "depth" by the LF span
The two higher frequency of the four are controlled in terms of "depth" by the HF span

The colour control is a feedback or resonance type control that affects ONLY the LF span

When in single LFO mode, the rate of the sweep is controlled by LFO1
Whether the LF and HF phasing occurs "in phase" ie rising and falling together, or "out of phase" is determined by the left toggle (phase)

When in dual LFO mode, LFO 1 controls the LF sweeps and LFO 2 controls the HF sweeps
Therefore it can be quite nice in dual mode to have the LFOs out of phase

the phase/vibrato switch with red LED indication basically switches between those two modes. vibrato has no clean mixed in. Therfore, oddly, but it makes sense, the blend control acts a volume control in vibrato mode. In phase mode (red led on) the clean tone is added, and then the blend acts as a blend for the phase shifted sounds.

if you used B2k pots for the span controls, you will find you can get a broader/peak-ier/wah-ier sweep at the top end of the spans.
I prefer to back these off a bit. There is a world of sounds in here.

Start off in Single LFO mode with the sweeps in phase for the classic p90 / small stone type effects, then learn and go from there

Last note, the square and slow switches only affect LFO1

jimilee

Dude, I'm just a bass player 😜.....j/k thanks for the explanation, I'll start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.