Started by foochild, February 27, 2015, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foochild

foochild

foochild

foochild

foochild

jimilee

Looks like your 9v maybe grounding out in the back of that pot and you're missing some serious solder on several components. Go back a reflow the solder rough the pads.
And the stomp is numbered
1  4. 7
2. 5. 8
3. 6. 9
Your stomp should be wired on lugs 1-6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

foochild

Thanks!  I give all that a try.

foochild

light is now on with pedal but no sound yet

jimilee

Quote from: foochild on March 03, 2015, 06:16:50 PM
light is now on with pedal but no sound yet
also I couldn't help but notice you're missing a couple of ge diodes

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mgwhit

Your 3PDT footswitch is wired incorrectly.  You need to rotate that 90 degrees and rewire accordingly.

billstein

R15 and R28 seem to be missing ( haven't checked the build instructions to see if there's a reason for that). Check all your IC's to make sure they're the right way. Also, I've had a leg on an IC fold under when I was inserting it. Make sure they're all inserted.

jimilee

Quote from: mgwhit on March 03, 2015, 07:18:07 PM
Your 3PDT footswitch is wired incorrectly.  You need to rotate that 90 degrees and rewire accordingly.
nice catch, I can't believe I missed that.

billstein

Quote from: jimilee on March 03, 2015, 05:15:46 PM
Looks like your 9v maybe grounding out in the back of that pot and you're missing some serious solder on several components. Go back a reflow the solder.

Just saw those first two photos. There are some components that look like they have no solder at all. So, fix the stomp switch and reflow all your solder. Also trim back the frayed wires on the soldered side. They may be touching other components.

foochild

Thanks! I went back and resoldered and made sure the wires were not touching, adjusted the footswitch and the R15 and R 28 were not included in parts I received.  I plugged pedal back in and when pedal is not on sound goes through fine, when I activate pedal sound is coming through but very low and the only knob that works is the volume knob, when i turn it to the right about 12 o'clock its louder but when I turn it to the right as far as it can go it goes back down in volume.  High gain knob and tone are not working.

jimilee

Nicely done, you're well on your way now! The ge diodes that are missing are clipping diodes, that's what makes the distortion. Those are going to be important as well as the two resistors. Contact mammoth and let them know parts were missing.