Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Quote from: peAk on March 17, 2015, 08:05:01 AM
Did you say the Rust Bucket was in too?  ;D
Poor man, Brian is playing with your feelings  ;D
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

madbean

Update: PigButt, Dirtbaby, KarateShop and Mudbunny docs are updated. Pastyface, CherryBomb and Wolfshirt docs will be updated Wednesday.

Tremster

I hate to be the one to say this but I don't like the new use of PCB mount switches instead of the old bigger holes, just simply because they're a lot harder to get here in Europe, not all of the suppliers carry them.
I populated the Flabulanche and DangerZone yesterday and clipped off one half of each solder lug on the old switches for them to fit, but the barely reach through the holes.
Sorry. Other that that: great.

madbean

Trem, thanks for the feedback. I was not aware of that. I'll think about that as I work on future releases.

The Pastyface and Cherrybomb docs are up. I will get the last one (Wolfshirt) up in just a bit.

GrindCustoms

Brian, thanks for sharing your picture of how you sort your pcb inventory, i've also been using part bins but the stackable type, yours makes a lot more sense..... will head up to the hardware store later this week.

Cheers

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

rullywowr

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 22, 2015, 03:02:40 AM
Brian, thanks for sharing your picture of how you sort your pcb inventory, i've also been using part bins but the stackable type, yours makes a lot more sense..... will head up to the hardware store later this week.

Cheers

Rej

I have been doing exactly the same as bean. Got my bins at Harbor Freight.  It really keeps everything organized.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

luks999

cool stuff thanks :-)
any news on the small harbinger? or isnt that planned to be released yet? you make us hungry with the facebook posts haha

yeah i have to agree concerning the switch layout. pcb mount switches can be soldered in the bigger holes aswell but not the other way round
whats really hard to get are the small sized pots used in the deadringer (i know less space on the pcb). maybe some rearrangement could be done for the deadringer, for the fets, so that they can be bent down

i really love the pastyface withe the charge pump :-)

Tremster

madbean

Quote from: luks999 on March 24, 2015, 12:41:57 PM
cool stuff thanks :-)
any news on the small harbinger? or isnt that planned to be released yet? you make us hungry with the facebook posts haha

I don't think it will make this next batch. The DB3 and Rust Bucket are going to cost some major bucks to manufacture, and there are others going at the same time. However, AKAIC the development on the small univibe is done so it will definitely go in the batch after, or in-between. I did get my special photocells today so I'm going to compare those to what I have in there in case I wanna make a recommendation.

luks999

thanks brian for the info  8) sounds good

m-Kresol

Quote from: madbean on March 26, 2015, 02:28:56 PM
The DB3 and Rust Bucket are going to cost some major bucks to manufacture...

I don't know if that is an option for you, but I would be happy to pay for those two before hand and I bet many other active members here would too.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

tcpoint

Quote from: m-Kresol on March 27, 2015, 12:55:17 PM
Quote from: madbean on March 26, 2015, 02:28:56 PM
The DB3 and Rust Bucket are going to cost some major bucks to manufacture...

I don't know if that is an option for you, but I would be happy to pay for those two before hand and I bet many other active members here would too.

ditto