News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Morley flanger schematic diagram

Started by artstomp, March 18, 2015, 02:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

A 9V regulated supply? Seems low for a MN3007/SAD1024 based circuit. What is the voltage of the power supply?

I guess I just "ASSumed" that this was a 15 or 12V circuit that ran on external PS or dual 9V battery setup.

If this circuit is biased for 9V operation and the regulator has failed and is putting out 11V+ then that "could" be at least part of your problem.

Scruffie

If we assume the 'deluxe' line ran off 12V (this was probably before the BOSS 9V standardization and most higher voltage pedals of the SAD1024 days ran off internal transformers) and it needed a good steady voltage, 9V makes sense, both the 3007 & SAD are happy at it.

So first replace the 78L09 and see what the voltages are like afterwards, at the moment they're kinda... odd.
Works at Lectric-FX

peterveneno

Center pin of the regulator does not go to GND so a different voltage than 9v can be expected on the output pin.

Scruffie

Does in the schematic i'm looking at for the 3007 version, if it's different on the SAD PCB though I don't know.
Works at Lectric-FX

artstomp

..i replaced the 78L09 regulator but still no flanging...my power source is 11.57dc volt input...and the output pin of the 78L09 is 9.4v...pin 2 of the 78L09 says 2.29v....tried 2 batteries (not fresh..total voltage=15v) then 78L09 output pin reads 11.2v..still no flanging...i adjusted the trimmers..still no flanging...

the LFO seems to work i think because the led indicator blinks and changes speed as i turn the speed knob...

by the way...78L09 center pin is not connected to ground on this SAD version...same with the MN3007 version..