News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hello from the Metro East of St Louis

Started by circusbrains, March 23, 2015, 07:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

circusbrains

Hi everyone. My name is Bobby.  I've been lurking here since 2013 and over time I've just sort of gravitated to this forum above the others.  I really dig the atmosphere and the members' contributions and regard for each other.
   I am a newb when it comes to guitar related stuff. I just decided to learn to play two years ago and I'm turning 40 soon, so maybe I'm one of those midlife crisis guys.
No matter, because I am pretty pleased with my choice. 
    I bought a schecter custom tempest and a fender vibro champ xd ad got started.

A few months later I bought a new reissue tubescreamer and a standard crybaby.

I noticed some tone suckage , googled that, then started reading about center negative tip power supplies, and somehow decided to build a rat circuit.

I started with a synthrotek board, a mouser order and didn't sleep for days.  I totally jacked up that board, but I was hooked.

I like to etch and I'm just starting to play with eagle.
I've built about 20 pedals and have countless projects started.  My thing is that once I finish a build I want to start over and do it again, but better.
I just started powdercoating in my garage , so I'm really excited to share a bunch of build reports.

Luke51411

Welcome to the forum, you've found a great place! We'll all be looking forward to your build reports!

Leevibe

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your builds.

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials