News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hello from Northern Nevada

Started by CodeMonk, April 02, 2015, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Welcome to the forum!  I you are interested in eagle, check out all the great info here, including a great parts library and all of JMKs video tutorials (these are a must watch and will get you 90% there overnight):

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=45.0

czapa tranzystor 2

CodeMonk

Quote from: Stomptown on April 03, 2015, 08:53:54 AM
Welcome to the forum!  I you are interested in eagle, check out all the great info here, including a great parts library and all of JMKs video tutorials (these are a must watch and will get you 90% there overnight):

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=45.0

Thanks all you great guys/gals/turtles/cats/etc.
And thanks for the kind words Brian.

I checked out one of JMK's Eagle videos last night.
Quite informative.
He presents the info quite well.

BTW, here is one of the folders on my system:
C:\Guitar\Eagle\Tutorials
Size: 3.60 GB (3,868,232,085 bytes)
Size On Disk: 3.60 GB (3,871,449,088 bytes)
1,243 Files, 52 Folders

Videos, PDF, HTML formats.
Although some of the videos are dupes, MP4 converted to AVI (or the other way around).
Haven't had much time, especially lately, to watch or read most of them yet though.
I hope to get to it soon though.
And it looks like I have a few more videos to add/watch/study courtesy of JMK.

I've of course got the Madbean library, just grabbed the 2014 library last night (Boy was I out of date :)  ), as well as the Gaussmarkov library.
And I've also got mmoltertx I can grill for info now and then.
He's pretty damn good with Eagle as far as I can tell.
Pretty smart guy.

Edit:
And I wish I were a rocket scientist.
All that stuff fascinates me.
I didn't design any of it, I just put it together.

JPL was a REALLY, REALLY cool place to work.
I've also built radar detectors, automated sprinkler systems, AV systems, thermal printers, and all sorts of stuff I can't remember.
It was the 80's when I got started with electronics and I was living in the San Fernando Valley.
There were Zillions of electronics manufacturers down there.
If you could solder, there were jobs to be had on damn near every corner.
Hell, at one time I was working day shift at one place (7:00am - 3:30pm), swing shift at another (5:30pm - 2:00am), and 12 hour shifts on Saturdays and Sundays at another place.

My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer

selfdestroyer

Welcome to the board Code. I'm one of the people that is stuck here in Fresno. Small world for sure.

Cody

CodeMonk

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 06, 2015, 09:46:47 AM
Welcome to the board Code. I'm one of the people that is stuck here in Fresno. Small world for sure.

Cody

Noticed in your sig you did a PCB tutorial.
I did one myself a few years ago.
I've posted it on a few forums.
Heres a dropbox link to a PDF of it if you are interested:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70950813/CodeMonks-Buillding-your-own-PCB-tutorial.pdf

Theres an updated version here: http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/pedals/319688-tutorial-making-your-own-pcb.html
5th post has a picture of an updated etching "tank".
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :

selfdestroyer

Quote from: CodeMonk on April 07, 2015, 06:10:09 AM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 06, 2015, 09:46:47 AM

Cody

Noticed in your sig you did a PCB tutorial.
I did one myself a few years ago.
I've posted it on a few forums.
Heres a dropbox link to a PDF of it if you are interested:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70950813/CodeMonks-Buillding-your-own-PCB-tutorial.pdf

Theres an updated version here: http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/pedals/319688-tutorial-making-your-own-pcb.html
5th post has a picture of an updated etching "tank".

Thanks for sharing your process. Its amazing how many ways there are to come to the same ending goal.

Cody

CodeMonk

You should consider trying the bubbling part of that.
While you do have to keep a close eye on things, it really speeds up the process regardless of what chemicals you use.
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :

cooder

Great to see you here, what an introduction! This place is getting richer and brighter by the minute...
BigNoise Amplification

CodeMonk

OK, guess who is back.
I got such a nice welcome before, especially from Brian, I kinda feel guilty about disappearing from everything DIY, pedal, and electronics related.

About 5 years ago, I was getting a bit overworked. Mostly doing pedal and amp repairs, developing and making prototype PCBs for small companies, and everything except WORKING ON MY OWN PROJECTS.

Letting my personal projects, that I had spent quite a long time planning, designing etc. take a back seat, along with the usually BS that comes along with age, health issues and family problems, well, I needed to step away from everything for awhile.

About 3 years ago, I sort of restarted my life. Got a steady job (although currently on medical leave, hopefully just due to pinched nerves). Been working at the Tesla Gigafactory for the last 3.5 years. Mostly working on the Powerwall product. Occasionally they put me in charge of some new area to get it going. No extra pay, but they pretty much let me run the area the way I want and leave me be. That's worth a few extra bucks an hour to me. 12 hours shifts kinda suck. But alternating 3 and 4 day weekends are cool. I usually spend my first day off sleeping.

Anyway, for the last 2 months, I have been continuing work on a project I dropped 5 years ago, that I had spent almost 2 years developing. Yeah, Its a pedal. I had to learn a lot of new things when I started this thing. Bought books, read this and that, and probably annoyed R.G. Keen a bit :). And I had to do other crap, not just that. I did need to eat.
I'm not gonna give any details about it yet, but I do hope to have some prototypes built within the next month. I have almost all the parts (just need knobs). and I have to move a wall here to give me some working room.
All prototype boards are already designed in DIYLC and I will etch those as soon as I have some working room.

I started working with Diptrace about a week ago. I like it way better than Eagle so far. I have my main board designed in it already.
And speaking of Diptrace...

@rullywowr you still have your 3D Diptrace library?. All links i found here are dead :(

I hope to be popping in here now any then as time permits.

And I no longer live in that little place called Stagecoach. I live about 60 miles away from there in a place called Wadsworth, Nevada.
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :