News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorites

Started by junkemail86, April 16, 2015, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on April 17, 2015, 12:21:08 PM
Life's too long for favorites. Here are some things I like.

Do you have his Rhythm and Blues album?  It's a lot better than his more famous offerings, IMHO.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

raulduke

Favourite Band: Radiohead.

Favourite Sport (to do): Snowboarding (shame there is f*ck all snow in the UK).

Favourite Sport (to watch): Football (the real kind, not Hand Egg)

Favourite Food: Italian. Anything well cooked, using fresh ingredients will do me just fine thanks.

Favourite Country: ...Italy. Rome for the city vibe+history. Anacapri and the Amalfi Coast for the beaches and beauty.

Favourite Place in the UK: Whitby. My family have a holiday home there and I love the place.

Favourite Animal: The Honey Badger. Or my cats. Tough call.

Favourite Film: Anything with her in  ;D:

juansolo

I have no idea who she is (kinda looks like a young Debbie Harry in that pic), but I too feel like I should see some films with her in...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

It's Scarlett Johansen ;)

davent

Quote from: juansolo on April 21, 2015, 08:15:07 AM
I have no idea who she is (kinda looks like a young Debbie Harry in that pic), but I too feel like I should see some films with her in...

I can see that resemblance as well.

'Lost In Translation' with Bill Murray is the only movie i could name with her in it, quite enjoyed it.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

raulduke

Quote from: micromegas on April 21, 2015, 08:38:43 AM
Quote from: raulduke on April 21, 2015, 08:18:26 AM
It's Scarlett Johansso:P

I can't say the spelling of her name is the thing I focus on when she comes to mind  ;) :P

icecycle66

Neat.

Guitar: ESP LTD F-205
Pickups: EMG passives.
Effect: Green muff and wah, can't have one without the other.
Strings: the older the better
Dogs: mine.
Cars: the one that's paid off.
Books: Shiloh and Fahrenheit 451
Continent: Antarctica
Geographic point: Pacific pole of inaccessibility
Food: meat
Characteristic: punctuality
River: Mississippi
Smell: the absence thereof
Borehole: Kola Superdeep Borehole

juansolo

Quote from: raulduke on April 21, 2015, 08:46:47 AM
Quote from: micromegas on April 21, 2015, 08:38:43 AM
Quote from: raulduke on April 21, 2015, 08:18:26 AM
It's Scarlett Johansso:P

I can't say the spelling of her name is the thing I focus on when she comes to mind  ;) :P

Bloody hell, didn't recognise her! I, ahem, was focussing on her face for a change it seems rather than her frankly magnificent bod.

FWIW, I've seen a lot of her films *blushes* / *shuffles feet*
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

icecycle66

She's Black Widow in all the Avengers movies.

Dminner

Guitar: I went from being a guitar hoarder to this single guitar, which will never leave my possession :)

Amp: I prefer my beat up old fender champ
Pickup: I like wide range humbuckers and normally only use my neck pickup
Strap: no preference
Strap locks: I actually use strap holders for a bass
Everything else is always changing

micromegas

Quote from: Dminner on April 21, 2015, 12:13:50 PM
Guitar: I went from being a guitar hoarder to this single guitar, which will never leave my possession :)

Amp: I prefer my beat up old champ
Pickup: I like wide range humbuckers and normally only use my neck pickup
Strap: in different
Strap locks: I actually use strap holders for a bass
Everything else is always changing
Beautiful guitar. Details man, we need details :) (like, for example, where did you get that beautiful silver foil humbucker?)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Dminner

Quote from: micromegas on April 21, 2015, 12:18:57 PM
Beautiful guitar. Details man, we need details :) (like, for example, where did you get that beautiful silver foil humbucker?)

I have a build thread about it on another forum that I can try to find a link to...It was custom built by a local company to my specs.  I am kind of a LP guy converted to a tele guy so there are lots of LP-ish quality.

Body and neck are both mahogany and the the neck actually has a fat 50's LP profile and a 12" radius. Ebony board. Neck and Body both have a nitro dog hair finish. Body has a huge 1/2" roundover. Bridge is kinda weird...it is essentially a fixed bridge (saddles don't move), so it feels more like a bigsby than a fulcrum. Two sunken crazy oversized knobs (because I like crazy oversized knobs haha) and the pickgaurd is actually sandblasted aircraft aluminum.

The pickups are from mojotone.  It is not actually a silverfoil though.  I asked if they could squeeze a wide range humbucker into their silver foil enclosure and they accommodated :) Bridge pickup is a higher output broadcaster style

Justus

Quote from: midwayfair on April 17, 2015, 12:21:08 PM

Awesome!  I really liked the first Ultima Underworld, didn't get a chance to play UU2.  Then I played U8 which I thought was cool, in a "drop you into nowhere and you figure it all out on your own" kinda way (this was before there were game walkthroughs available on the internet so easily).  Then I upped to Ultima Online around 1998.  That game was...   basically crack cocaine in video game form at the time.  I got out while the getting was good and made a few hundred by selling off virtual wares before canceling my account.  Had a lot of fun too.

Quote from: raulduke on April 21, 2015, 05:25:11 AM
Favourite Sport (to watch): Football (the real kind, not Hand Egg)

Have to disagree.  Football is clearly depicted on the right.  On the left is "soccer".  Or, I'll give you "Fútbol".  But if you spell it with two O's and two L's then it's definitely the American version.  ;)

alanp

That isn't football. It's American gridiron.

REAL football is rugby, where men don't feel the need to strap on twenty kilograms of armour and padding just to play a sport.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website