Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorites

Started by junkemail86, April 17, 2015, 02:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Quote from: Dminner on April 21, 2015, 07:27:20 PM
Quote from: micromegas on April 21, 2015, 07:18:57 PM
Beautiful guitar. Details man, we need details :) (like, for example, where did you get that beautiful silver foil humbucker?)

I have a build thread about it on another forum that I can try to find a link to...It was custom built by a local company to my specs.  I am kind of a LP guy converted to a tele guy so there are lots of LP-ish quality.

Body and neck are both mahogany and the the neck actually has a fat 50's LP profile and a 12" radius. Ebony board. Neck and Body both have a nitro dog hair finish. Body has a huge 1/2" roundover. Bridge is kinda weird...it is essentially a fixed bridge (saddles don't move), so it feels more like a bigsby than a fulcrum. Two sunken crazy oversized knobs (because I like crazy oversized knobs haha) and the pickgaurd is actually sandblasted aircraft aluminum.

The pickups are from mojotone.  It is not actually a silverfoil though.  I asked if they could squeeze a wide range humbucker into their silver foil enclosure and they accommodated :) Bridge pickup is a higher output broadcaster style
thanks for the info! it looks beautiful and seems really comfortable. I dig teles and the LP vibe really suits them really well.

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

HKimball

Quote from: Dminner on April 21, 2015, 07:27:20 PM
Quote from: micromegas on April 21, 2015, 07:18:57 PM
Beautiful guitar. Details man, we need details :) (like, for example, where did you get that beautiful silver foil humbucker?)

I have a build thread about it on another forum that I can try to find a link to...It was custom built by a local company to my specs.  I am kind of a LP guy converted to a tele guy so there are lots of LP-ish quality.

Body and neck are both mahogany and the the neck actually has a fat 50's LP profile and a 12" radius. Ebony board. Neck and Body both have a nitro dog hair finish. Body has a huge 1/2" roundover. Bridge is kinda weird...it is essentially a fixed bridge (saddles don't move), so it feels more like a bigsby than a fulcrum. Two sunken crazy oversized knobs (because I like crazy oversized knobs haha) and the pickgaurd is actually sandblasted aircraft aluminum.

The pickups are from mojotone.  It is not actually a silverfoil though.  I asked if they could squeeze a wide range humbucker into their silver foil enclosure and they accommodated :) Bridge pickup is a higher output broadcaster style
This might be the perfect guitar

Big neck check
Wide range humbucker check
Tele bridge pickup check
Simple controls check
Medium flat radius check
Big rounded edges for ergonomics check
Tasteful Tele-esque bridge with working trem system check

Yeah I think this is actually the perfect guitar

Dminner

Quote from: HKimball on April 24, 2015, 03:54:09 PM
This might be the perfect guitar

Big neck check
Wide range humbucker check
Tele bridge pickup check
Simple controls check
Medium flat radius check
Big rounded edges for ergonomics check
Tasteful Tele-esque bridge with working trem system check

Yeah I think this is actually the perfect guitar

Thanks. It is my perfect guitar for sure.  Here is the build thread I mentioned if you guys want to check it out :)

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1422755