News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Beginner vs. Dirtbaby

Started by knifedawg, April 26, 2015, 07:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

If the pad is completely lifted, you'll have to jumper it to whatever is next in the circuit. If you can't see the traces on top, use the schematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

knifedawg

Okay, so I'm having a doozy of a time with this thing and I'm a damn moron when it comes to reading schematics.

Can you help me figure out where to jump pin 8 of IC3?

Luke51411

Straight up to R46 or the positive leg of C40 look like your best bet.

knifedawg

lol word I went up to R46 and we've got voltage to pin 8! but still none to the pins 1, 3, 6 and 7 on IC3. I think I'm just going to try to jump all these pins that I'm not getting readings on to see if it helps.

YEAH SCIENCE

knifedawg

update: made it way worse. this is a farce. lifted all the pads on this IC. maybe I should take a mulligan on this build.  :(

jimilee

Quote from: knifedawg on May 05, 2015, 02:30:28 PM
update: made it way worse. this is a farce. lifted all the pads on this IC. maybe I should take a mulligan on this build.  :(
I admire your moxy. You have 2 options and one seems like way more work than learning from your mistake and ordering another board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Given how hard you have been trying on this, I don't mind sending you a free replacement PCB. I wanna see you succeed.

knifedawg

oh wow, thanks Brian! that means a lot!!! ;D I'll send you an email later tonight.

knifedawg

Round 2 has begun and it's going well! I just have one question: R16 is supposed to be 20k, but I don't have one of those on hand. Can I use an 18K or 22K instead?

jimilee

Quote from: knifedawg on May 11, 2015, 01:47:44 PM
Round 2 has begun and it's going well! I just have one question: R16 is supposed to be 20k, but I don't have one of those on hand. Can I use an 18K or 22K instead?
yes

lincolnic

Quote from: jimilee on May 11, 2015, 07:04:12 PM

Quote from: knifedawg on May 11, 2015, 01:47:44 PM
yes

If you measure the resistance with your multimeter, depending on tolerances you might find an 18k or 22k that is actually 20k anyway.

knifedawg

Got it up and running 100% tonight, first try even. All my voltages are right on. Wow I'm so much better at this than I was even a week ago. I built a couple of big muffs for some friends that made for some great extra practice before tackling this again. Thank you guys so much for your help. Probably would have given up if not for the support of this community. :D

Extra big shout out to Brian for being a #1 dude.

nzCdog

Fully awesome dude. Congrats on an epic build! 8)

Luke51411

Success! Love to see this!

madbean