News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NJD!!!

Started by Shrtyska9, April 30, 2015, 03:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

That's fantastic!! Dream job!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

Good stuff! The Tui Brewery in NZ had a series of ads that claimed that women did all the work in the brewery, since men would drink the lot before it got sold :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Shrtyska9

Quote from: culturejam on April 30, 2015, 06:53:27 PM
That's fantastic!! Dream job!

Yeah pretty much! I'm starting off selling merchandise but with the opening of the new tasting room I will probably be pulling pints and discussing the beer. And they are also going to begin brewery tours in the summer. Plus there is also prohibition distillery downtown which again if you haven't tried their spirits try to find some. Their bourbon is awesome. And even their vodka is good. (Not a fan of vodka)

Richard
Richard

Shrtyska9

Quote from: alanp on April 30, 2015, 07:38:29 PM
Good stuff! The Tui Brewery in NZ had a series of ads that claimed that women did all the work in the brewery, since men would drink the lot before it got sold :)

That's awesome. It kinda reminds me of the Newcastle commercial where they only show the brewmasters hands because she is not an attractive woman. Lol
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7k2h/newcastle-brown-ale-brewers-hands

I didn't realize this commercial caused such an uproar! Apparently it's sexist?

Richard
Richard

cooder

Awesome Richard, that sounds like a high score! Ding ding ding...!
BigNoise Amplification

Shrtyska9

Quote from: cooder on April 30, 2015, 08:28:02 PM
Awesome Richard, that sounds like a high score! Ding ding ding...!

Thanks man! I can't wait to start.

Richard
Richard

Leevibe

Um, I found a mouse in my beer. I need you to hook me up with some free beer.

alanp

A mouse of taste, then :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Shrtyska9

First day was awesome! The job is pretty much a bar tending job but without having to make mix drinks. Did a bunch of tastings today and filled around 20 growlers. Plus like a bartender I make tips too.

Richard
Richard

jimilee

Wait, how's that work? You're an employee of roscoe beer and you serve beer, just roscoe beer, and what sort of bar served just one brand of beer. Sounds like a dream job though, beer al day? Hell yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Shrtyska9

It's kind of like a showcase for the company's beer. We have 5 different beers on tap right now.. Amber, Red, Brown ale, Rye, and Wild which is a sour beer using a couple strains of wild yeast. By the end of the week we should have the IPA on tap, it's in the fermentor currently. But basically people come by and can buy growlers or pints of beer brewed on premise. We also have merchandise from barware to t-shirts to artwork from local artists. It's pretty great!

That's the view of the new tasting room from behind the bar.
The taps on the wall is a pour your own pint system. Basically you get a card with money on it and you scan it and pay per ounce to pour your own and hang out by the fireplace, read a zymurgy and all while enjoying a fresh beer.

Oh and there are trout in the fish tank!

Richard
Richard

Luke51411

Looks like a sweet beer heaven! When can I come visit? Haha I still have many more beers to try from my state, Michigan. I'm thankful we have so many local microbrews here, something to get us through the long winter I guess.

Shrtyska9

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 03, 2015, 06:55:26 PM
Looks like a sweet beer heaven! When can I come visit? Haha I still have many more beers to try from my state, Michigan. I'm thankful we have so many local microbrews here, something to get us through the long winter I guess.

We are open 11am-5pm 7 days a week. So whenever works for you. 😉
It is definitely a great time to be a beer drinker, with the constantly growing number of breweries.

Richard
Richard

TGP39

Very happy for you Richard. I'm hoping to have the same luck here in Florida. In my opinion most of upstate NY is paradise. I went to college at Binghamton and Buffalo.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Shrtyska9

Quote from: TGP39 on May 03, 2015, 07:16:34 PM
Very happy for you Richard. I'm hoping to have the same luck here in Florida. In my opinion most of upstate NY is paradise. I went to college at Binghamton and Buffalo.

Steve.

Thanks Steve! Nice, we go to Binghamton pretty regularly for groceries. There used to be the best fried chicken place in Johnson city, Theo's. Last thing I heard was the owners moved to Florida. Man, no lie I would sell body parts to get some of that chicken again. Yeah except for the increasing heroin problem upstate is pretty great!

Richard
Richard