News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NBRD!

Started by bcalla, April 30, 2015, 05:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

New Bass Rig Day!  Okay, maybe it's spread out over a week...

I have been looking to downsize (read: decrease the weight of) my bass rig for a while, and I finally pulled the trigger.  I had been using a Gallien Kruger BA115 combo (see my before photo).  It sounds great but I hate moving it.  The manual says it weighs 55 lbs. but I got 62 lbs. when I put it on a scale.

I picked up the Fender Rumble Neo 112 cab on craigslist last week - it was NOS from a closed music store, I got a sweet deal on it.  I ordered the Fender Rumble 500 head from Amazon because I had $200 in gift certificates so I basically got it for half price.  The cab weighs 24 lbs. and the head 5 lbs.

I got about 15 minutes to play around with them and so far I am happy.

Before:

After:

Shrtyska9

That's a sweet setup! It amazes me the the amount of weight bass amps have shed over the past decade.

Richard
Richard

alanp

I know one guy who plays bass and has a hoooge combo with a single massive speaker that weighs a ton.

He has a folding two-wheel trolley that pretty much lives next to it  ;D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

What IS that bass?  It's spectacular!!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

bcalla

Quote from: gordo on April 30, 2015, 07:49:06 PM
What IS that bass?  It's spectacular!!!
It's a mid-70s Aria 5520.  The 70s was the lawsuit / copy era for Japanese manufacturers and I think this was a knockoff of the Guild Starfire bass made popular by Jack Casady of the Jefferson Airplane.  It is really easy to play - short (30.5" scale) and like my new amp weighs almost nothing.   ;D

dropanchor812

Nice score man!  Those rumble heads, and fender's modern bass amps in general, are way underrated.  And they look good to boot!  I think I'm planning on replacing my amp's knobs with come cupcakes, they look real nice on yours.