News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Greetings from Sweden

Started by Freppo, May 02, 2015, 12:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freppo

Hi there fellas

I was first referred here from my blog because of the arcadiator thread.
Seems like a very friendly forum with nice people, so I think I'll stick around. :)

My name is Fredrik Lyxzén. I'm 33 years old and live in Umeå, Sweden.
I make my living as a freelance sound engineer, both live and in the studio.
Been recording bands since -01 and have my own studio since -08.
I have been doing live sound for about 6 years and I started my own firm 4 years ago.
For the last 3 years I've been touring alot with the band INVSN, doing FOH.

We did about 110 shows last year, so it was a busy year. :)
The last tour in was UK opening for Echo and the Bunnymen

I'm a huge nerd, love sci-fi (atm i'm rewatching Battlestar Galactica), gaming and kung fu movies.
I have a huge collection of old school kung fu movies (70's stuff) and retro gaming stuff.
Started to play music at the age of 12, kinda grew up in the punk / hardcore scene.
But I listen to alot of different stuff, love classic rock, obscure heavy psych, kraut and powerpop
Me and my girlfriend just bought our first house. We have two dogs, Wookie and Joplin.

For the moment I play in two active bands
UX Vileheads (guitar) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDJMp-mJ4Cs
The Dumb Fucks (drums) https://soundcloud.com/thedfs/the-electrical-machine
Not really music suited for crazy fuzzes, but I love to experiment with that stuff.

I started to build pedals only about 3 years ago. Before that I didn't know anything about electronics.
Like many of you I got kinda obsessed with it, but not just building stuff, learning how to work aswell.
I spend alot of time reading up on theory, experimenting on the breadboard and analysing circuits.
My blog is the result of all that time and the idea that DIY should be about sharing. :)

edit. forgot to add the blog link. :)
www.parasitstudio.se

cheers / Fredrik

jimilee

All the best metal comes from Swededn.....welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

TGP39

Fantastic to see you hear Fredrick. I've been a fan of your circuits over on DIYSB. It sounds like life is treating you well.  I have a billion questions to ask you, but I'll wait (promise to only ask one at a time) :).  I'm happy you are doing well and excited that you are a part of this community. All the best.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Awesome, great to see you here, Frederik!
I just got aware of your stuff through the Arcadiator and I have a board from Ben /rullywow sitting here, looking forward to building it.
You're a busy guy and amazing to see what you've put out in the stompbox department seeing that you have only started 3 years ago! Way too go...! The Eagle Claw fuzz sounds huge too, have to check out more.
110 gigs a year is certainly busy... wicked...
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing more of your creative juices!
Heya Sverige! :)
BigNoise Amplification

Martan

Welcome to the forum (I'm pretty new, too). Your arcadiator circuit is one of the first (10) pedals I've built. Still working on boxing it up but can't wait to get it on the floor!

Marty

Leevibe

selfdestroyer

Glad to have you here Fredrik. I love your circuits and look forward to seeing some build reports for them on here.

Cody

Luke51411

Excellent! Welcome. I always enjoy watching your circuits develop at DIYSB glad you are here now too! I'm loving my Arcadiator!

EBRAddict

You did the Raygun Youth design over at DIYSB? It's on my list to build...

Freppo

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

Donleo

Hi Fredrik! Welcome to the group! I really enjoy my arcadinator, thanks for coming up with that...Are you going to make a pcb available for the green currant vibrato? I'm eager to build that!

-donleo

micromegas

Welcome to the forum Fredrik. I haven't built any of your designs yet, but have to say the stuff I've heard is great!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Vallhagen

Tjena Fredrik. Kul med mer svenskt, och du har definitivt ett rykte härikring:). Jag får kolla upp din blogg ordentligt.

Syns vi på Fuzz Guitar show nästa helg?

tjing
/Bengt
Linköping

...and i promise to type in english the next post...
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

Freppo

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: Donleo on May 03, 2015, 06:05:37 AM
Are you going to make a pcb available for the green currant vibrato? I'm eager to build that!
Yes, I'm waiting for prototype PCB's of the Green Currant. They should be here any day now.
When they are confirmed ok I will order more of them. I'll let you know when they are avaliable. :)

Quote from: Vallhagen on May 04, 2015, 11:53:13 AM
Tjena Fredrik. Kul med mer svenskt, och du har definitivt ett rykte härikring:). Jag får kolla upp din blogg ordentligt.

Syns vi på Fuzz Guitar show nästa helg?

Tja, och tack för välkomnadet!
Tyvärr upptagen nästa helg och bor lite långt borta. Kanske nästa år. :)

Sorry for the swedish, I will keep it in english from now on.
cheers / Fredrik