News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dr. Z fans?

Started by Martan, May 05, 2015, 06:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martan

Heard on the Z forum he's designing a pedal with earthquaker devices. Not really familiar with their (EQD) stuff. Good combination? I have a MAZ38 and adore it:

Quote from: @basemententhusiast" source="/post/751394/thread" timestamp="1430771257Here was Doc's comments on it: http://ztalk.proboards.com/post/748303/thread

irmcdermott

Bummer. Link doesn't work. What was the basic info?

Martan

Sorry. Here's the quote:

"Well not sure if anyone knows but Earth Quaker Devices has long used DR.Z KT 45 as there main demo amp for years at all the trade shows. And EQD is located a short distance from us in Akron Ohio.

So I contacted Jamie , owner of EQD and we had a few meetings I bounced some idea's I had for a pedal and Jamie did the rest. It is not finalized yet , but it sure is close after 6 different engineering samples.

It will be a dual drive pedal with full EQ , 1 stage will be a nice overdrive , and the second will be a much more gained up distortion drive. It will allow for much adjustment, and varying amounts of Z - DRIVE.

Of course it is voiced to enhance the Z product line, but I feel it may catch on with other amp users, time will tell.

Jamie would like to have it ready for summer NAMM show, and it will be exclusive to DR Z Amp dealers.

Z"

raulduke

Sounds fair enough.

Dr Z and Earthquaker stuff is cool IMO.

Never had the pleasure of trying any Dr Z's though (only available from one shop in the UK).

Muadzin

I'm a Dragonball Z fan, does that count? ;)