News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Attention to detail - {video}

Started by PhiloB, May 05, 2015, 10:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

Came across the this video today.  The amount of care and precision that goes into this blew my mind and challenged my attitude and approach to pedal building.
Hopefully some of you will enjoy this as much as I did.
http://www.facebook.com/marcospereira1010/videos/877509138981816/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

slimtriggers

I think if I could afford a Patek Phillipe, I'd just get an Omega Seamaster and buy a Porsche with the money I had left over  ;)

PhiloB

Lol

cooder

That is really an absolute pinnacle... and I don't want to know the price tag, would somehow spoil that amazing artwork.
BigNoise Amplification

billstein

That's pretty much how I build all my pedals.

davent

... but can i go swimming with it...

Pretty incredible mindblowing process, so much handwork, take your beta blockers, and ultimately... so butt ugly!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jkokura

Yeah, I was watching the process in amazement, and then the final reveal and I was a bit let down honestly.

But on another level, that is the ultimate of DIY isn't it? Handmade watches? That's like something out of this world in terms of patience and complexity and attention to detail.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

davent

I'd love to be the guy, or, one of the people making it but as far as wearing it... not a chance!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Haberdasher

Quote from: cooder on May 05, 2015, 01:18:07 PM
That is really an absolute pinnacle... and I don't want to know the price tag, would somehow spoil that amazing artwork.
it's just as well.  you wouldn't believe it anyway.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

PhiloB

It really was an ugly watch.  The craftsmanship and attention to detail was incredible.  I wonder how long a person could work at that intensity.  I bet after a couple hours you'd be spent!

dont-tase-me-bro

doing that with digital machines is hard.  doing that 200 years ago must have been crazy
I thought this would save me money.

mrclean77

Add me to the camp of 'totally amazed until the end, then turned underwhelmed'

But

The 3:00-ish to 4:30-ish part where all the itty bitty pieces are being assembled? Inserted? was just jaw-dropping. The gold inserts on the paper face or whatever..just all of it, jeesh

chromesphere

This is how I feel when I build 1590a pedals.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube