News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Twin Peaks TapLFO problems

Started by brejna, May 12, 2015, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

I also checked those two caps and crystal and there are no bridges. I will soon order new DMM so I will have freq meter. BTW did you use same crystal and 22pF caps in your other build?

drolo

brejna

Quote from: drolo on May 13, 2015, 02:37:45 PM
no i scrapped those
I took off those two caps and it is same, then I put new ones and again nothing. Maybe I need to change crystal?

drolo

It's worth a try, especially if you have crystals from different suppliers, just in case you had a bad batch.

brejna

Quote from: drolo on May 13, 2015, 02:49:23 PM
It's worth a try, especially if you have crystals from different suppliers, just in case you had a bad batch.

I build tap temp tremolo from Taylor while ago and used tayda's crystals and never had problem. Also this one is from tayda.. I'll order few from EU based suppliers just to be sure that crystal is not the problem.

Thanks David for your help, I hope I'll report with solved issue :)

drolo

I've used Tayda crystals too, without issues. It's just in case you had a bad batch :-)

destro

I am having the same exact problem. Chips (I've got four) ordered from Thomas when these boards became available (11/14) tap function haywire and random mode not working. Tayda crystal. I've got a pm in to brejna to see if he was able to come up with a solution. Any other ideas are welcomed kindly. Thanks!

destro

duplicate removed

selfdestroyer

I have used Tayda crystals in my Twin Peaks and Liquid Mercury with out issues also.

Cody

brejna

The most of this thread is gone, so just to summarize.. Problem was in the TAP LFO chip..