News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another rissole issue

Started by Luke51411, May 13, 2015, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I'm getting sound and the switches change how it sounds but the envelope isn't working. The LEDs don't change brightness with the guitar attack. Switches and pots will change the brightness but no envelope. I've tried all different switch positions. And played with the pots but no hint of brightness changing with attack. I jumpered the send return pads and connected decay to ground as it said to do in the build doc if not using them
Voltages
Tl074
1-4.53
2-4.5
3-4.5
4-9
5-4.5
6-4.5
7-4.5
8-4.5
9-4.5
10-4.5
11-.005
12-3.84
13-4.5
14-4.5
Lm1458
1-7.5
2-6.35
3-.06
4-.005
5-5.39
6-5.39
7-5.4
8-9

Luke51411

Do the voltages on the lm1458 seem off?

jimilee

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 13, 2015, 07:27:12 PM
Do the voltages on the lm1458 seem off?
Yes, mine is acting the same way
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Where did you two source your LM1458's? The circuit is annoyingly picky when it comes to that IC. (I got mine from Mouser, have a search of the Meatsphere thread on diysb.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Luke51411

Quote from: alanp on May 13, 2015, 09:21:29 PM
Where did you two source your LM1458's? The circuit is annoyingly picky when it comes to that IC. (I got mine from Mouser, have a search of the Meatsphere thread on diysb.)
I got them from ebay but I have so e from mouser I'll throw one in and see if it makes a difference.

alanp

If I'm honest, my 1.4 Rissole is working, I loaned my 1.0 Rissole to someone and it came back dead (worked originally, now it isn't... urrrgh!)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Luke51411

Tried a new one, it was from mklec not mouser. It's still not working and now the pots don't effect the brightness. I might pull the lm1458 from my working fluffgirl build just to make sure if that's the issue or not.

Droogie

Did you try it in the dark?

Pasted from Jimiless's thhread:

Worth mentioning that there are a lot of possible knob positions that result in no envelope in a properly working build.
Try the following to see if you're in business:
Top row, left to right (in case my labels/names are different):
Color—maxed; Decay—11:00; Attack—7:00; Sensitivity—1:00
"Moog" Toggle: Right
Intensity (left pot in "middle" row)—maxed; Blend—noon
Switches left to right:
Mode—middle; Range—rightmost position (low); Up/Down—rightmost (up); Bandwidth—leftmost (half)

Hope you get it working—it's a blast!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Luke51411

Wouldn't the dark only effect the sound when the LEDs are working correctly? Right now they are just solid on no matter what, no change to brightness with signal.

Luke51411

I'll break out the audio probe tonight to see for sure but it seems like the signal is not even getting to the envelope detection circuit. Is there supposed to be a jumper somewhere that I might have missed?

Luke51411

Did a little audio probing and the signal is getting to the 1458 at pin two, when it comes out at pin 3 it is louder and broken up like a bad fuzz but I. Thinking this might be normal since it is just the envelope of the signal?

Luke51411

I don't know what I did but it's working now. I think the first 1458 wasn't working and on the second one I had to dial in the right settings. I'll have to get it perfectly dark with some shielding but there was detectable wah sound even without being completely dark!

peAk

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 14, 2015, 09:34:47 AM
I don't know what I did but it's working now. I think the first 1458 wasn't working and on the second one I had to dial in the right settings. I'll have to get it perfectly dark with some shielding but there was detectable wah sound even without being completely dark!

Good deal!!

Luke51411

Quote from: peAk on May 14, 2015, 09:38:25 AM
Quote from: Luke51411 on May 14, 2015, 09:34:47 AM

Good deal!!
Now to make an epic enclosure... I think I might bend my own.