Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Important: Read This, Please

Started by madbean, January 18, 2016, 02:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristatertotle

In the words of Scooby Doo. Ruh roh.

Quote from: m-Kresol on January 18, 2016, 03:15:15 PM
As far as the contest goes, I think that chuckbuick came in second, the floidian slip was third, cortexturizers aqualung fourth and then (I'm more guessing now) the fuzz saw. I hope someone can confirm this.

These were the top ones and the floydian slip was lumpyliptons and the fuzz saw mine. I think it may have been lee, chucbuick, cortex, lumpy, myself. I think there were 6 prizes total? Boards for a year, $30 to 1776, THCustom, and lectricfx, and them two of $25 to jmk? If so I think Facegrinder's time machine was 6.

That sucks though Brian.

madbean

Quote from: wgc on January 18, 2016, 03:27:24 PM
Just a crazy thought, but do they back up every 24 hrs?  If so what about the back up that happened thurs?  Probably not what you want to think about...

Anyway sorry to hear of all the trouble.  Crappy service on the host end for sure.

They do an automatic back every 24-36 hours. I contacted them well within that timeframe. But, the restore never happened and they just let the backup get over-written the following day. I asked for any other back (tape, whatever). Nope.

eightysixbret

It sounds like you've done everything you can, but if you want a second (or third, or fourth) pair of eyes to look at things, I've been doing php/mysql web development for about 20 years and would be more than happy to help however I can.

eightysixbret

One thought: do you have the corrupt backup that overwrote the non-corrupt one? We might be able to pull that data into MySQL and do some repairs on it and re-import it.

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on January 18, 2016, 03:29:43 PM
Incidentally, I get an error when I post, but it looks like the posts are actually hitting the database properly.

I think that is Tapatalk. I've deleted it for now so let's see if that stops the error.

madbean

Quote from: echobret on January 18, 2016, 03:42:28 PM
One thought: do you have the corrupt backup that overwrote the non-corrupt one? We might be able to pull that data into MySQL and do some repairs on it and re-import it.

No, i could never access it. From what I gathered, it was some kind of disk read error on the server or something. The table kept showing up as "in use" and I could not export it or anything. Thanks for the offer, though.

Leevibe

As much as this sucks, it feels good to be able to have the MB forum back. Losing data is bad, but I've made a lot of friends here and I wouldn't know how to keep in contact otherwise. It's good to be back.

m-Kresol

The amount of posts within the couple of minutes the forum is back online speaks for itself. We've all missed this place dearly! We'll get it back on track in no time. Just let us know, how we can help.

I just posted a 2015-mashup-build-report that sums up my builds since may. I thought it was a good idea and hope some of you will follow my lead. There would be to much awesome stuff lost forever. I learned a bit about my builds too: a) I built quite a few b) In retrospect, I don't care that much about little imperfections and c) I'm actually really proud of some of them

Quote from: madbean on January 18, 2016, 03:42:54 PM
Incidentally, I get an error when I post, but it looks like the posts are actually hitting the database properly.

I think that is Tapatalk. I've deleted it for now so let's see if that stops the error.

I also got an error two times now, not using tapatalk
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

eightysixbret

Quote from: madbean on January 18, 2016, 03:45:42 PM
Quote from: echobret on January 18, 2016, 03:42:28 PM

No, i could never access it. From what I gathered, it was some kind of disk read error on the server or something. The table kept showing up as "in use" and I could not export it or anything. Thanks for the offer, though.

Is there a current automated backup that you can access now that took place before they did this restore? Even if it's the corrupt data, it might be fixable. I don't mean to question your skills or abilities or insinuate that you haven't tried everything, just want to be able to help if at all possible.  :)

beneharris

As to what these guys said ^

I'm fairly new and I missed you guys already.  :'( Thanks for getting it back up and running. All the data loss sucks, but its not impossible for it to all come back. Pretty easy to remake any important threads!

madbean

Quote from: m-Kresol on January 18, 2016, 03:48:36 PM
I also got an error two times now, not using tapatalk

Keep trying. I just deleted the folder from the server so the callback there should not happen. But, please let me know if you see it again.

mojah63

Quote from: madbean on January 18, 2016, 03:42:54 PM

I can't log on from Taptalk. Sucks to loose the data but lucky it's not all :)

jimilee

Hey welcome back, I felt like my best friend was on vacation with no way to get in touch. Sucks, but there are a lot worse things happening around the world.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: mojah63 on January 18, 2016, 04:06:00 PM
I can't log on from Taptalk. Sucks to loose the data but lucky it's not all :)

i will re-install TT soon. For now I want to see if things stay stable for a day or two before making any changes. Then I'll get it back on here.

Scruffie

Someone won my PIF and never contacted me, I don't remember who it is but if you see this send me a PM.

Good to be back, I was gettin' the shakes man!
Works at Lectric-FX