News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOTY - Winners Annoucement

Started by madbean, January 22, 2016, 08:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

So, as you all know we lost the entirety of the BOTY contest with the crash. This is a huge bummer because there were not only a lot of amazing entries but WIP threads, as well. From what I have pieced together I believe this was the order of winners from the voting poll:

Grand Prize - Leevibe
2nd Place - Chuckbuick
3rd Place - lumpyliptons
4th Place - Cortexturizer
5th Place - Aristatertotle
6th Place - Facegrinder

But, there were conflicting comments on the order of 3rd and 4th place, so if anyone knows for sure please speak up! And, these were the prizes:

Grand Prize - One year free PCB from MBP for all new projects.
1776 Effects - $30 store credit, Lectrix-FX -  $30 store credit, THCustom -  $30 store credit, JMK PCB -  $25 store credit (2 prizes available)

The way this was to work is the runners up would choose which prize they wanted in the order of their placement. So, Chuckbuick will get his first choice and so on. Therefore, winners please comment in this thread in the order of you placement which prize you are selecting. And again, if anyone knows for sure that this is not the correct order please say so:

1st Choice - Chuckbuick -
2nd Choice - lumpyliptons  -
3rd Choice  - Cortexturizer -
4th Choice  - Aristatertotle -
5th Choice  - Facegrinder -

Lastly, thanks again to everyone who entered the contest. It was a really good one and the entries were ALL outstanding! If anyone wants to re-post a pic of their entry (which I hope you will), please do so here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21491.0

brejna

Congrats to the winners! You did awesome job!

m-Kresol

congrats everyone. I also want to acknowledge all of the other builders, this was a hard choice!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

There were SO MANY awesome builds submitted this contest. Great job everyone!

Cody

Leevibe

Really awesome entries by some really awesome people! Thanks to all who voted for the F-85. I appreciate it!

My votes:

- mfunky - WahWah - I liked this one because it was a great take on a useful effect. I thought it was thoughtfully designed and implemented. I want one! I also liked the 3D printed PCB holder.

- Cortexturizer - Aqualung - This one was just beautiful and unique. It was not only sweet looking, but it seemed like the kind of pedal that a guy could endlessly find new sounds in. Just completely awesome.

- drolo - Molecular Disruptor - How did this not get more votes??? People must not have watched the demo. This pedal was so cool on so many levels, from the aesthetics to the PCB layout, to the FV1 code wizardry. So much more than meets the eye here.

Even though I stand by my votes, I totally could have made other decisions had I voted on a different day or had something else for lunch. There were some really really cool builds here that almost got my votes. I PM'd some of you guys because I liked your builds so much!

Aristatertotle

Weeeeee. Everyone who entered into the contest did a fantastic job!

Quote from: Leevibe on January 22, 2016, 10:29:04 AM

- drolo - Molecular Disruptor - How did this not get more votes??? People must not have watched the demo. This pedal was so cool on so many levels, from the aesthetics to the PCB layout, to the FV1 code wizardry. So much more than meets the eye here.

Dude, that demo video was sweet. Maybe drolo will post the code sometime. ;) I REALLY need to build myself an fv-1 board.

Lee, you're going to have your hands full this year. All of those cool little 1590g boards, the Timelapse, all of the tap tempo projects, and possibly the polyphase and the ring stinger!? Someone get me some peanut butter, cause I've got lots of jelly! Can't wait to see what you do with them built up!

chuckbuick

So much good stuff in this years contest.  Hats off to everyone who threw down an entry.  Thanks to Brian for getting it all together and giving us a place to do it.  Thanks also to the guys sponsoring the prizes.  Very cool of you all to step up like that.  Hopefully all the great entries made it worth it for you.

And a big congrats to Lee.  You killed it with the theme and finish.  I actually didn't read the WIP until after you finished the build.  But I was still pulling my hair out and getting way too stressed seeing those decals come together.  You have some serious patience, my man.

Lumpylipton, your wiring job is nuts.  Not sure how long I just stared at some of those pics.  Well done, man.  If we end up in a worldwide wire shortage I'm blaming you, though.

For my prize I'd like to claim the 1776 Effects store credit.  Thanks again, everyone.

peAk

While I love looking at the builds, I hate voting because there are so many cool ones and art is so subjective.

lumpylipton

Congrats to Lee, and all the other winners...amazing projects all.  Incredible creativity, skill and good old fashioned gumption.

I'm going to take the lectric-fx credit.  I'm a junky for flangers and phasers, and I gotta build that Bloodstone.

Thanks to Brian and all the other sponsors for their generous prize donations.  I hope to post up some of my build pics again sometime, but just started a new job, so my time and mental capacity is limited right now...no chance I'll be attempting another mega-board anytime soon, although there are plans for another with all modulation fx someday.
Warren

Cortexturizer

Guys this has been a wonderful competition, so many great projects, insane stuff on every corner. Congrats to LeeVibe and others who won the prizes. I wish to thank the sponsors especially, and the value of the grand prize is just truly that - grand! leevibe you lucky dude!

I'm gonna go with the good ol TH Custom for my pick, Thomas has always provided incredible value to my builds through his designs. Don't worry Thomas this time I won't set you back for relays  ;D I kinda wanna try something else hehe. Cheers!

I voted for the Rustbucket etched build, for the severed fingers as knobs (massive horror fan, so that was so cool for me) and for the vero-flanger! Obviously loved all of the other builds but those three spoke to me the most.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Aristatertotle

Well I already mentioned how awesome everyone did. But seriously everyone on this forum is awesome.

As far as prize goes, hmmmm. I think I'll taakkee... the JMK credit!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pogart

So many amazing builds. Each one has inspiring and stand out technique and unique quality. Congrats to all of them.

stringsthings

Congrats to all the entries.  These contest builds never fail to blow my mind.  I'm kind of glad that I don't have a camera setup because the quality of my builds is rather pedestrian in comparison.  Please keep making amazing pedals to inspire the rest of us.
All You Need Is Love

Leevibe

Quote from: Aristatertotle on January 22, 2016, 05:11:09 PM
Lee, you're going to have your hands full this year. All of those cool little 1590g boards, the Timelapse, all of the tap tempo projects, and possibly the polyphase and the ring stinger!? Someone get me some peanut butter, cause I've got lots of jelly! Can't wait to see what you do with them built up!

I KNOW!!! I already have so many ideas kicking around in my head for those little guys!! Fantastic job on the Fuzz Saw. The cast finger thing was so disturbing and awesome.

Quote from: chuckbuick on January 22, 2016, 06:50:05 PM
So much good stuff in this years contest.  Hats off to everyone who threw down an entry.  Thanks to Brian for getting it all together and giving us a place to do it.  Thanks also to the guys sponsoring the prizes.  Very cool of you all to step up like that.  Hopefully all the great entries made it worth it for you.

Agreed. Again, amazing work on the EQ. Everything about it is amazing.

Quote from: lumpylipton on January 22, 2016, 07:28:32 PM
Congrats to Lee, and all the other winners...amazing projects all.  Incredible creativity, skill and good old fashioned gumption.

Warren, your build is awe-inspiring. So much work to complete a build like that! That thing is so big you'll be paying property taxes on it.

Thanks, Brian, for the opportunity. I'm so excited about the prize!!!