News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help With Triton Mod

Started by TreeSlayer, January 23, 2016, 04:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeSlayer

I've built a Triton v3.1. it has a cool mod, "adding a 100u cap in parallel on a switch. this allows for very long modulation transitions while retaining the option of the standard design."

I tried a toggle switch, but it was a pain. I decided to put it on a stomp. the problem is, I don't know if it's on or off. I'm trying to come up with a way to have an LED show on/off. I figured out how to show it off with an LED on. I'd rather have it LED on, mod on. LED off, mod off. the pic shows the switch in the lower right corner. all it does is connect the 100u cap hanging off the board in parallel with the 220u on the board.

anybody have any thoughts? it's a really cool pedal and a great mod!

"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

TreeSlayer

got it figured out. thanks for looking!!

TS

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

Jules

I wonder if anyone could draw me a diagram or explain really simple like how to add the 100uf cap in parallel as noted in the build doc for the Triton?
I would like to do this mod on mine but unsure how to wire it.
Thanks for any help given

TreeSlayer

Quote from: Jules on January 24, 2016, 07:32:20 PM
I wonder if anyone could draw me a diagram or explain really simple like how to add the 100uf cap in parallel as noted in the build doc for the Triton?
I would like to do this mod on mine but unsure how to wire it.
Thanks for any help given
pretty straight forward. leave the leads long after you solder in 220u. then, tie the positive of 100u and 220u together, then solder. cut that short and insulate. I put mine on a stomp, DPDT, so I wired the negative side of 100u to center post, then wired from end post back to positive on 220u. soldered up, insulated and boom. I used the other side of the stomp to put in an LED so I'd know when it was off or on.

I'm trying to post some pics for ya, but photobucket is slow for some odd reason. i'll post as soon as the download.

LT

PS

I see that there's a pic I posted before I put in the DPDT. the new pics will be better.

LT

PPS

here's the pics I promised.

Jules

gül

Thanks for posting this! I just bought two of these boards and I can't wait to make them.