Main Menu

Website updates and Etcher's Paradise launch

Started by madbean, February 01, 2016, 04:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrgaraujo

raulduke

brejna

madbean

Thanks guys. I'm glad you are liking the EP. It's a bit lean on content but a lot more will be added. It takes quite a while to get these docs done, as you can imagine.

Here is a summary of all the website changes:
A lot of code was tightened up and tables were optimized.
The navigation system was replaced with something simpler.
The Projects page got some minor tweaks.
The About and Links page were combined with the FAQ Page.
The Builds page was deleted.
The Tutorials and Demos pages were added. There is nothing on the Tutorials page yet but there will be soon. The Demos page will get an actual design...I've just got basic content on there now.

I am still looking into a new shopping cart system so we are nowhere near finished with the website. But, this is good enough for the moment.

mah62

Hi Brian,

I haven't been able to build anything in over a year for personal reasons. I've just been browsing some of the contributors 2015 builds  - some amazing stuff there! That, and your post here, is inspiring me to get back into it. I am sitting on quite a few PCBs here. i need to get my ass into gear!

Thanks, once again, for this amazing gift!

Mark

EBRAddict

Is the Pointdexter inspired by a pedal with "apple" in its name?

alparent

We say a gardener as a green thumb. Well ..... and etcher as a yellow thumb!

Did a lot of etching this weekend. Had a little hole in my rubber clove thumb, so I had a yellow thumb for the last 3 days.

Don't want to be picky (I know what Brian is doing is above kindness and takes a huge amount of time) But I really like adding a silkscreen on my etches. Would it be possible to add a silkscreen image in the docs? Same as the parts layout but without the shaded PCB.

Thanks again for doing this. I have a friend that's just starting building and I'll tell him to shop at the etcher paradise and I'll etch him what he wants.
I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

madbean

Quote from: EBRAddict on February 02, 2016, 06:41:41 AM
Is the Pointdexter inspired by a pedal with "apple" in its name?

"Boutique" will be the code-name for Z\/ex. Reason not important.

Tremster

You could put up a permanent link to the EP section at the top of the forum.

alparent

I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

nzCdog

Man, this is epic!  This represents a huge amount of work, thanks for sharing Brian!

flanagan0718

287m

Hail Brian! Hail Madbean!
i want build leviathan!
=======
above is my cousin, delay junkie.
bookmarked. hope i can build for him, asap.

madbean

Basic content has been added to the Tutorials page (may require a refresh). More tutorials will come.