News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Leviathan 1590B

Started by 287m, February 05, 2016, 09:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

287m

Hello, please allow me to ask about etcher paradise section, specially Leviathan. yesterday i said want build this for my cousin
since i dont know what next mods in this circuit, and my cousin said 1590BB isnt his league.
so i decided to make layout for 1590B-ish, with some my cousin rules, easy to perfboarder, onboard pots and leds
here the baby waiting birth

if want see big picture, https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4VF9D-JwMg0/VrTdPMVr1VI/AAAAAAAAAGc/d2SAD8vTSgQ/s1600/leviathan-base.png (300dpi)

question :
- what the 'safest' for ground plane? its use width 0.016, isolate 0.024. is enough?
- how to test PT2399? like single/dual opamp tester
- are looong cable for input isn't important, like high gainer pedal i mean

sorry for stupid question, long time no boxed pedal. and this is my first layout for delay :(

and if allowed to request, only want request. relay bypass, hehe
in here, the population of soft touch momentary larger than 3pdt

big thanks

PS : sorry for bad english

Leevibe

Hey man, looking good! I think the isolate on your ground plane looks fine. You need to make sure it passes the design rule check, but it looks good to me. I think you have some pads, and possibly traces that are too close to the edges of the PCB though. This may be fine if you're going to etch it yourself if you're really careful cutting and sizing your board and applying your resist, but if you ever decide to have it fabbed you may need to change your layout.

I don't know of a PT2399 tester other than listening to it in circuit. At least they're cheap!!

Not looking at the schematic, I'd say you're probably fine with a long cable at the input. I assume it's buffered. If not, throw a buffered pedal I. Front of it.

I hope that's helpful. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

287m

yeah, the trace too close :( hard to precision cut
but, my cousin already build in perf, holy cow! haha
maybe if weekend he bring in my home, i take pict

just have problem, like you said
as my cousin main dirtbox is ocd
with true bypass, he said bad :( as bad with ocd + mxr carbon copy
yeah currently solved with add buffer in between

now time to debug and some mods, but i have no idea now. haha

Thanks Mr Lee