News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3 Way Amp Splitter

Started by HamSandwich, February 05, 2016, 12:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSandwich

Hola

Nothing too new here, but I thought I'd see if anyone with experience could comment on this schematic for a 3 way splitter. Used with at least 2 amps, possibly three, or used to send to a DAW, etc. Loops added to each channel for using effects on specific outputs.

I don't think all three need to be isolated/ground lifted, even if it's three amps. Is that correct? I was looking at the radial switchbone, which seems to only ground lift and correct phase on one output. Would the output without the transformer's sleeve be grounded to the enclosure, or would that need isolation too?

Thanks for any advice.

HamSandwich

Hmmm I think an MN3008 right after the return jack set for 10-30ms would make for some interesting sounds. I think at that clock rate, I might get away with no/minimal filtering.

kgull

Should be good. It seems like overkill IMO but rock on wayne.

HamSandwich

Thanks! What would you cut back on?

kgull

Quote from: HamSandwich on February 07, 2016, 01:08:18 PM
Thanks! What would you cut back on?
Something like this will give you your buffer and phase switching in one, saving the cost of transformers. Personally, I'd drop the initial buffers and send/return loops as well (jacks are expensive). Keep the ground lift and that's pretty much it. One op amp and two switches per amp. There's probably an argument to be made for using the transformers instead but with the cost of an op amp versus the cost of a transformer it's a no-brainer IMO. Your schematic will work perfectly fine though, I'm just cheap :P.

kgull

Just realized I can share simulations from an app on my phone, play around with this a bit and see if it meets your needs: http://everycircuit.com/circuit/5247449950584832/buffer-with-phase-switch

HamSandwich

Damn, that is very smart! Good call. I'll do some sims and search around, but that's very clever. Thanks!