News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I learned something today...

Started by madbean, July 01, 2011, 05:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

...I am not good at making demos! I have no idea WTF I am doing here.

stecykmi

haha, I'm sure whatever you come up with will be great.

TheCobbenator

It'll be aight! Let's get them BOMs so we can make our own demos ;)

sgmezei

ummmm as long as their is audio?

I'm sure we would all be happy with the clean signal followed by some different settings of the pedal. Just to get the "vibe" of it.......

Just make sure it doesn't sound like a tube amp on 10 with a camera recording the audio right in front of it. It bugs me to hear something through a camera microphone that is way overloaded and doesn't sound anywhere near it should. Not that I think you would do that.

Just pick your riff of the week and lay it down. We won't know how many takes you did or critique your playing, because that is lame.

Smeero

maybe it's not the content to demonstrate the pedal giving you grief, but the  mic placement, lighting,  editing and uploading etc. Just consider this the debugging stage. Rock it before you box it baby!

Once you get a routine down that works, it should be easier (as long as that routine is repeatable with different riffs and pedals).

Oh and story-boarding/outlining what you plan to do before you do it, even for a short vid,  is highly underrated.

madbean

Ah it's all good. I'm not wasting time talking very much. The set-up is good and sound is pretty good, too.

giantrobot

You need snake skin boots and humbugies.

sgmezei

hahahahahah i was sooo going to say that but i didn't know if anyone would get it haha.

you just need some sweet boots  ;D

Smeero

Don't forget a white coily cable

ckim715

and a Dr. Z MAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ 18 2 10 combo...and a velvet elvis painting.
-Charlie

madbean

I don't think I can compete w/ GMD....maybe I could pretend to be Kyle.

G.G.

Quote from: giantrobot on July 03, 2011, 08:26:17 AM
You need snake skin boots and humbugies.

I was trying to make a video demo too recently and found out it's more complicated than it looks, and that I'm pretty awful at it. I didn't realize until playback that I was wearing flip-flops. It was so irritating to see a huge big toe come into the frame and click on the pedal, especially since it was my own toe.

Mike @ Rawkworks

Lol, nothin like close ups of feet!

I think a lot of guys come up with a Riff that kinda captures the style of the pedal then play thru it at different settings. Nothing too crazy, just a little catchy jingle. KISS! Thats my two cents :)
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

G.G.

well, here's my Darkside demo.  Sort of hurts to put it up 'cuz the playing is so awful, but you can kind of get an idea of what the pedal sounds like. My little Canon snapshot camera doesn't have a great mic either.  But at least I managed to keep my toes out of the frame this time ::)