News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Greetings from the arctic wasteland known as Michigan

Started by ric426, February 11, 2016, 10:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ric426

Hiya,
This looks like a pretty good forum, so I thought I'd sign up.
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a long time bass hack, and somewhat chronologically starting in the mid '70s, a former speaker reconer, former electronics repair tech, former electronics prototyping tech, former network janitor (IT Manager) now retired, and currently an electronics tinkerer, hobby machinist, mountain biker and (somewhat) competitive target shooter and reloader, and most recently a new grandfather.
Currently building an Afterlife compressor and planning to try some of the mods suggested  for bass. Also building a Flabulanche because I didn't want to order just one board and I'm always trying different overdrive pedals to see which I like for bass. The description and design info was intriguing so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'll let you know how it goes.

Later,
Ric
If it weren't for my wife, there'd be no adult supervision at my house.

nzCdog

Hey Ric, welcome to the forum!  Congrats on being a new Grandfather! ;D

alanp

ee-yup, congrats on the newborn :)

Be warned, this is an addictive hobby. I'm not sure if it's the constructive part.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

matmosphere

Welcome Ric, congrats on the newly minted grandparent status. Always good to have another bass player around. Can't wait to see how the afterlife turns out, I've heard it's a good comp for bass but haven't looked into it much yet.

matmosphere

Govmnt_Lacky

Former Michigander here. Now transplanted to Maryland. Its ice cold here too BTW....  ::)

Welcome aboard and enjoy...  ;D

selfdestroyer

Welcome to the sickness. I look forward to seeing your builds.

Cody

culturejam

Welcome! Sounds like you have a ton of skills that are well suited to many DIY music gear projects.

Quote from: ric426 on February 11, 2016, 10:02:07 PM
hobby machinist

Machinist, you say? This is something I've always wanted to get into.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Drew Hallenbeck

YAY MICHIGAN!

Welcome, this place is indeed a very good source for all things related to DIY pedal building.

What part of Michigan? I'm in West Branch (a bit southeast of Houghton Lake) just moved here a couple of years ago from Jackson.

I'd love to work on some sort of collaborative projects/efforts with some other local builders.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Martan

Welcome to the board!
Quote from: Matmosphere on February 12, 2016, 07:06:02 AM
Also, this popped up in the last few days. Looks pretty promising.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21714.0

I was thinking the same thing. Also, there are some boards for a couple of Ampeg ports (svt and b-15n) on thcustoms and grind customs webstores that could be good for you.

Marty