News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gravity Wave (Verified)

Started by selfdestroyer, February 22, 2016, 02:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

This is a fun pedal and will get boxed up for sure.

I was battling with another build of mine and decided to populate this to clear the mind a bit and next thing I knew it, I was firing it up. Played with it for about 45-hour and it was fun. From subtle to extreme chorus effect.

I also took my voltages to share.
Powersource: 9.1v

IC1:

1 4.3v
2 4.3v
3 3.9v
4 0
5 4.3v
6 4.3v
7 4.3v
8 8.7v

IC2:

1 4.9v
2 2.4v
3 0
4 0
5 2.7v
6 2.4v
7 0.8v
8 0.8v
9 2.4v
10 2.4v
11 2.4v
12 2.4v
13 2.4v
14 2.4v
15 2.4v
16 2.4v

IC3:

1 Varied
2 4.2v
3 Varied
4 8.7v
5 Varied
6 Varied
7 Varied
9 Varied
10 4.3v
11 0
12 4.3v
13 4.3v
14 Varied

IC4:

1 4.3v
2 4.3v
3 4.3v
4 0
5 4.3v
6 4.3v
7 4.3v
8 8.7

Edit: Fixed wrong voltages

Cody

Alex

Hi Cody.
Is your Dimension pot working properly?
Some people built it on vero and had some problems:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.fr/2016/02/madbean-gravity-wave-earthquaker.html

Alex

There's a writing mistake in you IC3 voltages.
14 pins and Pin 11 should be 0.

jimilee

Well that's cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alparent

That's good news.
Glad others are also verifying these great projects.
I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: albru80 on February 22, 2016, 04:32:10 AM
Hi Cody.
Is your Dimension pot working properly?
Some people built it on vero and had some problems:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.fr/2016/02/madbean-gravity-wave-earthquaker.html

Thats weird, I am definitely not getting any motor boating on the Dim pot. I will hook it up again tonight and play around with it. To be honest, I just watched the PGS video and I was able to achieve some of the sounds right off the bat so I called it good.

Quote from: albru80 on February 22, 2016, 04:44:04 AM
There's a writing mistake in you IC3 voltages.
14 pins and Pin 11 should be 0.

I checked my notes this morning and that was no misprint. I will trace it out tonight and see if it is in fact wrong.

Thanks for the info.

Cody

selfdestroyer

I will add this for reference:

Rate: Sets the speed of the LFO. The miniature LED will show the tempo even in bypass mode.

Shape: From soft triangle through hard square wave.

Dimension: Adds a slight slap-back at low levels, reverb-like ambiance at mid levels and an echo-resonance at max.

Intensity: How much the LFO modulates the delay time.

Animate: How far the pitch shifted signal swings, lower levels equals a tighter and more focused shift à la traditional chorus. As you increase the control a more wild and animated pitch shift begins to emerge.

Depth: How much modulated signal is blended in with the dry signal.

Cody

madbean

As mentioned before, pin11 of IC3 should definitely be 0v. It's connected to the ground plane.

Thanks for the update on verification :)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: madbean on February 22, 2016, 05:17:38 PM
As mentioned before, pin11 of IC3 should definitely be 0v. It's connected to the ground plane.

Thanks for the update on verification :)

ok, I rechecked my voltages and I definitely have 0v on pin 11 of IC3. I just wrote it down wrong. LOL

The dimension pot will oscillate just over 50% like a feedback pot on a delay pedal. Some tweaking might be in order.

This thing sounds great and will be boxed soon.

Cody

jimilee

Why is this not in the store??? I need to have one.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alparent

There is enought etchers here to make you one. Just ask and make an arrangement.
I need to etch more boards (now that Brian added some projects) I could whip one up for you. (If you're not in a big rush.)

jimilee

Quote from: alparent on February 23, 2016, 08:31:33 AM
There is enought etchers here to make you one. Just ask and make an arrangement.
I need to etch more boards (now that Brian added some projects) I could whip one up for you. (If you're not in a big rush.)
That would be lovely, thank you. No rush. I'd  learn if I didn't have to drill the boards.

gül

I feel the same, Jimilee. I love etching my own boards but the drilling makes me want to tear my hair out. I just showed my girlfriend how to do it. Let's see how many she does for me before she realizes how tedious it is.  ;D

alparent

What are you using? With the right tools......it takes the time it takes......but it's not that bad.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: aishabag on February 23, 2016, 10:08:39 AM
I feel the same, Jimilee. I love etching my own boards but the drilling makes me want to tear my hair out. I just showed my girlfriend how to do it. Let's see how many she does for me before she realizes how tedious it is.  ;D

I feel the opposite.  I've never been able to get a good etch, but after getting a dremel drill press, drilling holes is no issue for me.