News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Does anybody have the stuff from Bevis audio?

Started by matmosphere, March 08, 2016, 12:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Hey guys, the archives of Bevis on the wayback machine are almost completely gone. Does anybody have any of the page saved? I'm still hoping the whole thing comes back at some point.

I'm specifically looking for the article on having a well stocked bench, but there is so much other stuff I'd like to have too.

George

bump for interest -  i also would like bevis audio to return or at least to be able to see their stuff

Muadzin

I have about 24 pages saved in mht format. After it disappeared the first time I took no chance and archived what I felt were the most important pages. Too many sites that I thought were important died on me so when I come across something really important I archive. Unfortunately not the page about a well stocked bench.

EBRAddict

It's on wayback machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20150404064043/http://beavisaudio.com/

I'd save anything you want, they don't keep images forever.

Several people have offered him free hosting at different sites and he never got back to them. I guess some people just get fed up.

Edit: seems only to work if you know the specific page URL. It has a robots.txt added to each directory to prevent search engines from crawling the site. Kinda odd for a public site.

Muadzin

If anyone can recommend a good filesharing host that doesn't require me to create an account or log in and simply lets me upload a file I'll be more then happy to upload what I got.

dont-tase-me-bro

I thought this would save me money.

matmosphere

Quote from: dont-tase-me-bro on March 08, 2016, 03:30:17 PM
Would putting it on google docs work?

I think it's called Google drive these days. You should be able to create a shared link on there that would allow people to download the folder.

Haberdasher

Quote from: Muadzin on March 08, 2016, 02:30:38 PM
If anyone can recommend a good filesharing host that doesn't require me to create an account or log in and simply lets me upload a file I'll be more then happy to upload what I got.
I've never used any of these but here's a list someone made: http://collegefallout.com/10-good-free-file-hosting-websites-with-no-sign-up/
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

matmosphere

Haberdasher

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

matmosphere

Got the download but looks like .mht files don't play with macs very well. I'll have to figure out how to convert them to .pdf or something.

Haberdasher

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 09, 2016, 08:25:32 AM
Got the download but looks like .mht files don't play with macs very well. I'll have to figure out how to convert them to .pdf or something.
i'm on a pc, but all i did to view them was drag and drop them into an empty chrome tab.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

matmosphere

Thanks Keefe, I'll download chrome and give it a shot.

TNblueshawk

I haven't looked at them in a few years but after it disappeared once when it came back I printed every freakin' page I could print if I recall that correctly. Yeah, I'm old enough to where there is nothing like good old fashioned paper  :P

If you send me your email I'll see if I can't scan them here at work to you tomorrow and then email. I really don't recall what was in there per se and if I have what you need.

Analogue and paper rule !!
John