News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD might be love/hate situation here.

Started by blearyeyes, March 19, 2016, 11:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Are you used to the Gretsch size and style?  They're in a league of their own, and if your other guitars are quite different, you can expect it to take a while to warm to.  I know with my guitar, it took a while till I grew in to it fully... I tried different gauge strings and setups, different types of picks, slinging it at different heights and so on.  It's worth putting in the time to bond with the instrument.... basically wot jimi said ;D

jimilee

Oh, if you bought it like that  for more than fix it up money, you're right man. I'd definitely cut my losses and send it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blearyeyes

I'm gonna sleep on it.
I just set up the vox to full distortiion and rocked the Gretsch beast as it is and I really enjoyed it.
I looked at my list of complaints and I really am a nitpicky bitch. I think a luthier's once over and some lube in the nut and a little time together and she will be a great addition to my harem.

jtaormina

I use a es335 only. Number one reason? Giant body. I can wrap my arm around it and hug it for picking control. Make use of this and you may end up loving this guitar. I can't play anything else. oh and the pick ups are hot as f***. I love 57 classics.

blearyeyes

Yea my last guitar purchase was a Ibanez Artcore AS93 Violin Sunburst. A perfectly lovely guitar. Plays like budder and has a great body. Resonant at all the right frequencies. I was playing it unplugged the other night and I noticed other strings resonating different harmonics and notes. I really wasn't expecting so much from an Ibanez.

This Gretch is asking for less control and more abandon in my playing. Funny how that is.