News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NRUCSD

Started by Muadzin, March 21, 2016, 09:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

New rack unit cab simulator day

My latest utility creation, a 19" cab simulator.

It has three cab simulators, balanced outputs and buffered splitters. It's designed to go into my rack, which has my poweramp. My stereo output from my pedal board will each go into its own cab sim units, with a 3rd one as a spare. The idea is to patch my board in, from there each input will go to a buffered splitter, with one signal chain going straight out to the back into a Marshall 8008 Valvestate poweramp for stage sound. Meanwhile the other signal chain will go to a Marshall JMP-1 cab sim circuit and from there to a THCustom balanced output driver and then to a XLR output so I can go straight into a mixing desk. For added fun each balanced output has a groundlift switch and a phase reversal switch, making this unit a sort of rack DI. Each cab circuit will also have an external input gain and output volume knob. For each channel there is also an alternative input in the back, with a 3PDT switch and bicolor LED to switch between front and back input. This way I can select between either patching in my pedal board (front input), or the future use of an Axe-FX modeler to build into my rack later on (back input). I'll probably use the XLR outs of the Axe FX but this way I can still use the 8008 poweramp for stage sound without having to rerout everything at the back.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

blearyeyes

I need that. Can I have that?

Thomas_H

DIY-PCBs and projects: